Please Help? confused and struggling =[

Options
Long story short, i have lost 70 lbs although it took two years (I went to medical weight loss), I have remained at 147, give or take a few pounds for about a year and a half. When I began working out at the gym two years ago I had no idea what to do, I worked myself up to burning 1000-1200 a day five days a week. I never lost any weight. Asked the doc, my trainer, friends and I am still the same weigh, I have learned my body was in starvation mode. I had surgery in May 2012, and couldn't work out however maintained my weight for eight weeks. I started doing insanity almost two weeks ago and upped my calories so now I am eating around 1750, working out and burning 350/6 days a week, netting 1450 (BMR). I gained two pounds my first week of insanity , understandable because the muscles are retaining fluid but i gained two pds this week as well. I keep reading "eat more to weigh less" but I am confused because I am stuck and may be going up

30/Female 5'6 147-149

TDEE: 2272 bmr: 1479 Body fat % 23.9% activity level is moderate...

Replies

• JCo702
    JCo702 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're taking all the right steps to being a fit, healthier you. In my opinion, I would focus less on what the scale tells you and more about how you look and feel! When you're working out so heavily, it's common to gain weight because you are constantly gaining muscle. So take a look in the mirror...I'm sure you look great!
  • NicoleHernandezz
    Options
    It sounds like you're taking all the right steps to being a fit, healthier you. In my opinion, I would focus less on what the scale tells you and more about how you look and feel! When you're working out so heavily, it's common to gain weight because you are constantly gaining muscle. So take a look in the mirror...I'm sure you look great!

Hey, thank you for that!!
  • akiss4u2tam
    Options
    :wink:
  • jjmnet
    jjmnet Posts: 110
    Options
    Just keep on going.....it will happen soon enough. Search for a post about "being one of those girls", I read it last night and it was very inspirational.......might help you get over this hurdle. You can do it!
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    seems to me eating more is how we got fat in the first place...
  • susi819
    susi819 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Don't loose hope and freak out just yet. After being on 'Starvation Mode' for so long, it is normal your body takes some time to readjust. Keep doing what you are doing and you'll see results. Good luck!
    Read this if you have a chance:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Go by inches not pounds! :) i think you're probably gaining muscle now which is why you're gaining