"The End of Overeating" Discuss?

Options
It's a book by David Kessler, a former commissioner of the FDA who took on the tobacco industry. Now he's taking on the food industry.

He writes about how food manufacturers create products by manipulating the ratio of fat/sugar/salt to stimulate our appetites, and make us want more.

Another reason to avoid processed food as much as possible.

I was finally able to quit smoking (after 30 years of 1+ packs a day) when I started researching what the tobacco industry is doing to the product, to make it more and more addictive. I got really, really angry, and finally put them down for good almost 5 years ago.

I'm starting to get really angry with the food industry. The more I read, the more I find out about how they're manipulating the food that is the bulk of the American diet.

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    All the more reason to do what our parents did, buy basic ingredients and cook from scratch.
  • Tywana
    Tywana Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    BUMP :happy:
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of interesting food documenteries you'd like. Food, Inc is one of my favorites. You should watch it. It's an eye opener.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Food Inc will make you think twice about eating anything not grown in your own backyard thats for sure.