Starting Power 90?

Options
Is anyone starting/doing BeachBody's Power 90 program? I'm (re)starting today!

Replies

• Ttrun219
    Ttrun219 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up my first week today! I also did P90X about a year ago but I just don't have the time for 1 1/2 hrs a day, so I figured I would give this a try. Good luck with the program! - Feel free to add me if you like.
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    Yay! I love Power90! I'll do it with you, I've only done 4 days this week so I'll just restart :) Be sure to add me!
  • r121567
    r121567 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the Power 90 (not P90X) and can't wait to give it a go next week!

I started out with Jillian Michaels Beginnger DVDs and after a month, I believe I am ready to graduate to the next level.
    I have lost 7 lbs and several inches with Jillian - I needed a place to begin this has been a great start!

I'm feeling really good physically, I have developed a good time plan to and ready to make a 90 day commitment.
  • dan95130
    dan95130 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just finished Power 90 week 12 of 13. It was great program for me to get back in shape after not exercising for five years. When I finish Power 90 next week, I'm taking one week off then moving on to P90X.
    Only advice I have, be sure to take pictures and measurements before you start and at each of the 30 day marks. I didn't and now I regret it.
    Good luck with Power 90.
  • jmuhnie
    jmuhnie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've started up 3 days ago. Trying to get moving back in the right direction again. I think it is a great program and I have definitely taken by before pictures. repost in 90 days?
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I just started Power 90 today! Last year I got about halfway through P90X before getting pregnant. I'm doing Power 90 to get back into some semblance of shape before starting P90X again! Looking forward to shedding the baby fat and getting back on track as I was only halfway to my goal when I got knocked up (although my little boy is worth it!).

So how is everyone finding it so far? In my opinion it's a decent beginner program.
  • Slamhamster
    Options
    I'm on Day 6 of Power 90 after deciding that P90X was a bit too hardcore for me at present. I'm loving it so far, but the 7-7-7s and the Power Yoga are pure evil.

The only minor problem is the bodylastics clip system makes some of the moves a bit awkward, but I've managed to come up with a few workarounds such as not using the handles or adapting moves with a door anchor.

I think I'll up to Sculpt 3-4 within the next week or so, but i'll be sticking with the Sweat 1-2 for a while because that downward dog yoga routine is a nightmare!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Options
    I'm on Day 6 of Power 90 after deciding that P90X was a bit too hardcore for me at present. I'm loving it so far, but the 7-7-7s and the Power Yoga are pure evil.

Yeah, P90X is kind of like Power 90 on speed. Times ten. Last year I was ready for it but right now... not so much. P90X has 40 minutes of that Power Yoga.
    I think I'll up to Sculpt 3-4 within the next week or so, but i'll be sticking with the Sweat 1-2 for a while because that downward dog yoga routine is a nightmare!

I'm going to be sticking with Sculpt 1-2 for a few weeks at least. I want to hit 15 reps with my 10-lb weights for most of the sets before I switch, although I know I'll be at a lower weight for the triceps work by the time I'm ready to switch.

My only fear with the program is it will get awfully repetitive quickly. I might sub in other stuff occasionally just to keep things interesting.
  • SheilaBradshaw
    Options
    I have one more week of ChaLean Extreme and then I'm starting Power90.
  • Slamhamster
    Options
    Well, that was a nightmare (Day 6). Managed to pick up a bug from somewhere so didn't hit my 1600 calories, didn't have any spare time until 9.00pm and boy did I notice on the workout - I felt as though I was made of jelly and coasted through Sweat 1-2 and Cardio Abs at about 50%.

Thankfully tomorrow is a rest day. I suppose I could have swapped the days around but if I get into the habit of chopping and changing sessions if i feel a bit naff this early on, it'd probably end up as a habit - and I want to do this properly!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Options
    Baby started crying half way through last night's workout. My amazing husband kept him semi calm until after my shower, though. Today's project is building a spreadsheet to track reps. I got in the habit last year with P90X. Makes it easier for me to track progress.
  • BarbBlue
    BarbBlue Posts: 251
    Options
    I love it! I did Week 1 and Week 2. I am redoing them until I can master them and then will move on.
  • AMC4x4
    AMC4x4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My wife and I started last Sunday. We were both feeling under the weather on Wednesday, so we thought long & hard and then took the night off, thinking it better to rest than to push ourselves when we weren't feeling good. Got right back to it the next night and am feeling much better today.

Glad to see others starting this older program at the same time!! Anyone who comes to this thread later, please feel free to friend me if you're starting out too!
  • vbmama2012
    vbmama2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just finishing up first week of Power 90. Missed out on 1 cardio/abs session (I'm also implementing C25K on sculpting days, so my body was pretty wore out), and felt miserable. Someone mentioned keeping a rep chart, and I like that idea. I'm going to try to create one of those to keep track.
    Has anyone fully completed the program? I have not yet done my "before" pics...and I'm going to revisit the diet program as well. Any suggestions for what to do upon completion of Power 90? Perhaps I'll be ready for the plyometrics involved in P90X, but I was actually considering Insanity. Thoughts? Suggestions?
  • vbmama2012
    Options
    Oh...and please, if anyone is also doing Power 90, feel free to friend me!!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Options
    Did my second day of Cardio last night. I think I should have taken the night off--I was super exhausted and didn't get as good of a burn as I managed the first night when I was supposedly taking it easy. Oh well, I got decent sleep last night despite having to get up with my 3-month-old.

spg900ny: I'll send you a friend request! Wish I could convince my husband to do this with me but he absolutely hates working out. He's skinny-fat, and admits he's in terrible shape, but just isn't into it.

vbmama2012: I'll friend you as well! I haven't finished the program before, but I'm planning on P90X first. I'd have gone straight to it except 10 months with no real workouts while pregnant and recovering from delivery have absolutely killed my fitness. This program is wiping me out--I seriously think I would die doing P90X, having gotten halfway through it before getting pregnant. I'm not familiar with Insanity, though.
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love P90, I don't follow a schedule, just do it whenever couple times a week. I especially like sculpt 3-4. Feel free to add me. :)
  • vbmama2012
    Options
    Sarahthes I accepted your request! I just finished up my first week of Power 90, wrapped up with Cardio 1/2 and Ab Ripper 100. Aside from the jumping jacks, I've got all of the other stuff down really well. I think I'll linger in 1/2 for a couple more weeks, and move on. Sculpt 1/2 is another issue for me. I KNOW I have to increase my upper body strength. I can't quite get the push ups done. As soon as I can master those, I'll move up on that one. I'm also doing C25K on the same days as Sculpt, so I'm pushing quite an amount of cardio.
  • AMC4x4
    AMC4x4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The pushups are killing me too. The 7-7-7 is not within the realm of possibility, nor will it be in the near future I think. There are things I don't look forward to with the Power 90 - 7-7-7, "plank" (please, god, not "back to plank"), the jumping jacks (too much belly for those just now), the run-thrust things, hop diagonal squares, and the ab stuff. I love the punches, kicks and most of the rest of the sculpt stuff. I'm glad most of that takes place after the tough stuff (except for the ab ripper). It's nice to get most of the hard stuff out of the way first, then do the fun stuff.

I think after my first round of Power 90 I'll see where I'm at. Might do another round, then P90X if I can.

And Sarahthes, keep hope alive. I HATE HATE HATE exercise. Or HATED maybe. Really, anything I could do to avoid climbing even a stair, I would do it. But one day, it was like a light switch - "OK, I HAVE to do this..." Maybe, you never know...
  • vbmama2012
    Options
    I realized after my Cardio yesterday, that I almost have Cardio 1/2 done! I struggle at first with the calisthenics, primarily toward the end of the 2nd set. Everything else is pretty easy. I don't want to be too comfortable with it, but I think I'll stick with it for another 2 weeks to master everything. We'll see how it goes!
    :smile: