Tapout XT

Options
Anybody else out there in MFP land doing the Tapout XT program? I started just over a week ago and thought it'd be good to make some friends on here who are going through it too! Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    What do you think of it so far? I see the commercials and have thought about giving doing that some day.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Will be finishing week 8 tomorrow! LOVE IT!!
  • llepine17
    llepine17 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love it so far! It's definitely hard, but I didn't expect it to be easy so that's no shocker. It's a little tough at first to come to terms with not being able to do all of the exercises without modifying them or stopping for extra water breaks, but at the same time, this is supposed to be an extreme program so I figure if I was able to do them all no problem right from the beginning...that it wouldn't be as extreme as I was going for...ya know? Anyway, yes, I like it. The instructor guy does a good job, and seeing the results of all of the people in the video is a great motivator (sometimes they'll show pics or testimonials of what they looked like before Tapout). I'd say go for it and try it! I've never done any of those other ones before like p90x or insanity, but have to say that I'm glad I chose Tapout. I like the MMA stuff better than just working out, it gets me pumped up and I get more into the workout I think because of the punches and elbows and stuff :)
  • beckamelia1
    Options
    Hi guys yeah tapout xt is awesome,Im on W1D5 I've just restarted my days for tapout as im in a tapout xt challenge group before then i was on W6D5 as part ov my challenge with tapout I've to video some ov my workouts which are on YouTube, i can wait to get to 90 days and lose the next half ov my weight, good luck everyone, feel free to add!!
  • MzTate81
    MzTate81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love this program im on week 5 ....
  • tasmen
    tasmen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just started this program last week. Go ahead and add me if you like. It's totally kicking my butt!
  • sstewa5638
    sstewa5638 Posts: 11
    Options
    I have been wanting to get the Tapout XT but I didn't want to spend like $140 on something that wouldn't bring results, but it sounds like it is worth it
  • kezell83
    kezell83 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have just started the program and love it. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • shdrakes
    shdrakes Posts: 6
    Options
    How muc weight have you lost, if you don't mind me asking. Started today
  • shdrakes
    shdrakes Posts: 6
    Options
    What have you been logging it as (tapout xt), just cardio?
  • llepine17
    Options
    I've lost around 7 pounds so far - but it varies a lot day to day. I can DEFINITELY see a difference though, and the more I read on here, the more it sounds like the scale is a big liar and you should try to go by the way you feel, look, and your measurements. I am really liking the program so far though! You?
  • llepine17
    Options
    What have you been logging it as (tapout xt), just cardio?

Yeah...about that. Lol. I have no idea how to log it correctly or to find out how many calories I burn with each workout so I just ballpark it with my best guesses. Yep - I do log it as cardio though rather than strength training so that I can have a little wiggle room with my calorie goal (SO hard to eat under 1200 a day!)
  • rherington
    rherington Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am in week 10. I have really enjoyed it. The first month was just trying to get through the workouts. The second month I could really start to feel the strength building and the cardio side of it I am making it through the workouts better. Once I started the last month I can focus more on getting more strength from the workouts as well as trying to add more muscle mass. I have not lost any weight because I think my body has gotten to its set point. I am losing fat, building muscle and have improved my cardio level. I log it as cardio an use my HRM for the calorie burn. I burn between 500 and 800 calories per workout except for the yoga. I am eating at maintenance noe so I can build and burn.
  • meowkapow
    meowkapow Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm taking some recovery time off after Insanity but I can't wait to start Tapout XT in two weeks!

How are you finding the instructor in the videos? I love Shaun T style, I was thinking of doing P90X after Insanity but was a bit wary of Tony Horton lol.
  • llepine17
    Options
    Wow that's great to hear!!! I should probably get a HRM so that I can see what kind of calories I'm burning, I'm very curious and don't want to log the wrong amount on here and mess myself all up!
  • llepine17
    Options
    I'm taking some recovery time off after Insanity but I can't wait to start Tapout XT in two weeks!

How are you finding the instructor in the videos? I love Shaun T style, I was thinking of doing P90X after Insanity but was a bit wary of Tony Horton lol.

Good for you doing both Insanity AND Tapout XT that is awesome! The instructor does a good job - he's pretty cheezy at times but I imagine it's gotta be hard not to be when you're trying to pump people up lol. My husband and I quote him and get a kick out of it every now and then. He's a good motivator, and makes you laugh a little too which is nice while you're like panting and about to fall on the floor lol.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Just finished the program this morning!! Didn't get insane results but the strength & muscle definition is worth it! This was by far my favorite program so far to date and I will be redoing it at some point! Hang in there if you're doing this - it's great!! I'm moving on to P90X next to see if I can continue to increase muscle and lose some fat!!!
  • llepine17
    Options
    Just finished the program this morning!! Didn't get insane results but the strength & muscle definition is worth it! This was by far my favorite program so far to date and I will be redoing it at some point! Hang in there if you're doing this - it's great!! I'm moving on to P90X next to see if I can continue to increase muscle and lose some fat!!!

Good for you!!! Congrats on finishing the program, what an awesome accomplishment! Tomorrow starts my 7th week in, and I am definitely loving it and am just so motivated to keep going - already planning to take MMA training with my husband after we finish, we both really like the striking/muay thai stuff :) Well good luck with p90x - you look great and are such an inspiration!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I actually just posted a topic on this asking for opinions on this workout esp after doing p90x. My reviews/opinion I received was more on the negative side. Nice to see a few positive things about it here
  • meowkapow
    meowkapow Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Just finished tapout day 2! Enjoying it and I don't mind Mike as a trainer.. Lots of floor exercises compared to Insanity. I love doing the resistance band work!