What are the best fitness games for Wii?

Options
I have just bought a Wii for my son. I bought Just Dance 2 but I am wondering what are the most effective workouts on Wii that any of you can recommend. I looking at Wii Fit, My Fitness Coach, EA Sports Active - which is the best one for a good half hour moderate intensity workout?

I do Body Pump classes three times a week, and have just started Spin classes as well. Bur generally I find the cardio machines in the gym really boring. So I thought I could use the Wii at home to ramp up my cardio in between workouts.

Any ideas? I am UK based.

Replies

• violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I use Wii fit and like it. The one I want to try is Abba Dance. I'm not sure if it is an offical workout, but it would be getting your body moving, so I"m excited to try it, once I buy the game. I've also heard good things about Wii Zumba
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Your Shape with Jenny Mcarthy - it's not a game, but a pretty good workout
    Just dance - Pretty good
    Zumba is amazing but isn't as great as the actual class
    and some of the interactive wii sports like boxing are a real work out as well.
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I love EA Sports Active 2. It comes with a HRM and leg strap. It can be as easy or intense as you want it to be. I also really like Zumba 2.
  • jlp629
    jlp629 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there! Great to see someone else interested in using the Wii for workout, since that's predominantly what ours gets used for. We are big fans of the EA Sports products. We started out with the Active2 (don't go with the original, the controls are terrible). The Active2 contains an arm band/heart rate monitor and a leg band that are both motion sensors so that you are not constantly using the remote. It is also compatible with the Wii Balance board and will incorporate it into the routines you are doing. It's been a great addition to our collection thus far. My only gripe really is that the heart rate monitor/calorie counter is rather off. I've been doing my recent workouts lately with the addition of an actual heart rate monitor, which says I burn about 100+ more calories than the game does. But in all, I've been having lots of success with it. My husband has moved onto the EA Sports NFL Training and is really liking it.

In addition, we also have several of the Just Dance games, Gold's Gym Cardio Kickstart and Fit in Six.

I hope that helps and best of luck to you!
  • gemini_84
    gemini_84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i have ea active 2 and honestly it gets me sweating...i noticed that when i was sticking with it and doing the programs my endurance was getting better and such...
  • sunnyrunner77
    sunnyrunner77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ExerBeat - usually pretty inexpensive, but I find it's a great workout with a lot of variety.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    My EA Sports Active kicks my butt!!!!!!

I am always sore the next day.

Wait til you do a bunch of jump squats and jump lunges.....you'll know it the next day :tongue:
  • SlinkyNewMe
    SlinkyNewMe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Lots of votes for the EA Sports Active then - the 2 version ..... switches tab to browse Amazon........

........Has anyone tried My Fitness Coach?