I just gotta thank everyone here..

on MFP. Today I ate the most balanced breakfast ever, drank two glasses of water this morning, walked two miles RT and got with a good stretch that just felt amazing! By the way, I burned 286 calories in the same 2 mile walk including my cool down stretching etc. About 50 more calories then typical!!

All of the above is purely from what people have taught me here. Yes I've gone into some further research on things at times but there is such an abundance of knowledge here to gain if you want it.

I came to MFP not knowing squat. I was taught eat less weigh less when I was growing up. And still today, the media and holly'weird encourages fad diets, lyposuction and worse(what's worse than that, omg:noway: ) . Although I didn't do it to an extreme, I did get burn out and lack of energy, felt like crap. People like helloitsdan, gsager, mltd, noor, autumn, so many I can't name them all, are to thank for giving their help unselfishly. My one hope is to always be teachable and willing to listen to what ALL have to say. No, you don't have to take their suggestions, but knowing what they are, you can have some options to at least try. I am just so glad there are folks here that have and are succeeding that still stay with us and share their experience, pass it on, and for free no less! I'm not saying some of us may need a physical with a doctor to make sure of a plan of action. No one here I know of claims to be a professional. Usually it is their experience and I always learn at least one thing from every thing I read here;)

I encourage folks to seek out information, educate yourself, get to know your own body so you can make the healthiest decisions on your needs. You can "search" for anything here on the forums and pretty sure you will find it, or post your own topic if you can't find your answer.

Anyway, I haven't felt this good in years and believe me, I've been around a few:laugh: I'm thinking my older years are gonna be at least, some of my best:drinker: :drinker: One more thing for all of us especially that are starting out like me, take it easy and enjoy, don't beat ourselves up, just start again with the next meal or walk:) And never be shy to ask for help:)

denise, a fellow traveler on our journey to a healthy fitness and nutrition lifestyle:drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• vidalar
    vidalar Posts: 20 Member
    Great post. Thank YOU!
  • bsierras
    bsierras Posts: 56
    I agree!! Wonderful post and ditto on the journey! I just started MFP myself.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Hi Vidalar!

I just am so grateful. I feel at least 10 years younger if not more, in my body. Always been 17 in my mind:laugh:
    Great post. Thank YOU!
  • NWCountryGal
    Yes, lots of us are starting near the same time! I love coming here everyday and encouraging and being encouraged:) Wayyyyyy better than facebook, :laugh: imo:wink::drinker: :drinker:
    I agree!! Wonderful post and ditto on the journey! I just started MFP myself.
  • julesribar
    julesribar Posts: 43 Member
    This is awesome!!! I am going to keep checking on your posts because you are exactly the type of person I would love to follow through your mfp journey! Thank you and keep going! I have only been doing this for 4 days but I am thrilled about this site and I have lost 2.4 lbs. It is identical to ww's except you count calories and not points. The key to getting to your goal is staying on track with your food entries and making sure to enter the activities also. I am doing this program with my sister so we can keep eachother on track. Thanks again for your uplifting post!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Well said, bravo!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    That's great to hear. I'm so glad you are making healthy lifestyle changes and feeling so positive about it :)
  • Zenty
    Zenty Posts: 1
    Nice! I've just signed-up and am so impressed with what you've all achieved. YAY!
  • NWCountryGal
    It is a great bunch here:) and new people to meet every day!!

Nice traveling with you all on our new or, not so new journey;) denise:drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Hoooraaaayy Denise! .. what a lovely positive post!
  • That is great. :) I'm feeling pretty darn good myself today!
  • Csitri
    Csitri Posts: 132 Member
    Great post. It gives me encouragement I joined the right site. :)
  • NWCountryGal
    I think it's the best and if it weren't for the site having all the great tools but especially the people, I would be down in the dumps wondering what I was gonna do to change my life:)
    Great post. It gives me encouragement I joined the right site. :)
  • NWCountryGal
    So glad to hear it:) I think I feel better about what I'm doing now, then I have ever felt about anything before. My mom used to say if you have your health you have it all. I'd change it a bit and just say if I am working toward healthy goals in life, I have everything. This is a fitness and nutrition site but I think, like one other gal mentioned, forget the therapy, it doesn't get better than this.
    That is great. :) I'm feeling pretty darn good myself today!
  • NWCountryGal
    Hi Eupho:) Yeah, I'm on a positive streak today;) I'll have my winey days too, oops:laugh: I mean whiney:bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker:
    Hoooraaaayy Denise! .. what a lovely positive post!
  • NWCountryGal
    Thanks Peachy:) You've done a lot for me! Always love seeing you around here:) So many of you young gals could have been my daughters or gran-daughters so I love getting to know you all:)

denise:drinker: :drinker:
    That's great to hear. I'm so glad you are making healthy lifestyle changes and feeling so positive about it :)
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Encouraging post Denise, it really does help to share this. I totally agree its brilliant that people are so willing to share their experiences, good and bad, so that we might learn. So glad you feel at last you have found a liveable way of life that works!
    :-)
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Bump and DITTO DENISE....helloitsdan and Pandorian give advise freely and unselfishly. They are only 2 of many.:)
  • NWCountryGal
    Thank you for this, I haven't met or read any of Pandorians but I will do that for sure!!
    Bump and DITTO DENISE....helloitsdan and Pandorian give advise freely and unselfishly. They are only 2 of many.:)
  • NWCountryGal
    I am super excited and love being on this site with all of my fellow travelers;) My sister is here now and I am soooooooo proud of her for getting with it too!! She is feeling like tons better just getting to her walking and loggin her foods, she says she is having fun! Amen to that!!
    Encouraging post Denise, it really does help to share this. I totally agree its brilliant that people are so willing to share their experiences, good and bad, so that we might learn. So glad you feel at last you have found a liveable way of life that works!
    :-)