Ways to stay full?

Options
I just started and the main problem that I am having is staying full after lunch. I am used to eat tons of carbs so I am trying to cut back alot. I usually have a huge salad with dried cranberries, applies, nuts...I am full after I eat it but find my stomach growling an hour later.

Does anyone have an healthy snack ideas or lunch ideas to keep me full??

Replies

• musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I just started and the main problem that I am having is staying full after lunch. I am used to eat tons of carbs so I am trying to cut back alot. I usually have a huge salad with dried cranberries, applies, nuts...I am full after I eat it but find my stomach growling an hour later.

Does anyone have an healthy snack ideas or lunch ideas to keep me full??

Move more of your daily cals to lunch so you can eat a bigger more satisfying meal.
  • vipersgirl28
    Options
    drinking water seems to help me stay full. probably why I have a hard time getting to the minimum calories I need to eat.
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    add some protein to your salads and get rid of some of the sugars (ie sugars make me very hungry later like the dried cranberries). a nice piece of grilled salmon or chicken or even canned tuna would probably help.
  • nicolewarner
    Options
    I have the same problem at work. Plus, I work a desk job, so I just sit here and think about food! I have found that a snack of a rice cake with a little peanut butter fills me up really well. I also snack on fruit, and sometimes a handful of kettle corn from the health foods section. Plus drinking a ton of water helps! Now I am not a nutritionist so I don't know of the exact nutritional value of these snacks, but it helps me!
    Good luck!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Yup add protein for sure, and drinking water would help too! Welcome :smile:

~Leash :heart:
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    I usually eat vegetables with lunch and this has helped. I like the individual steamers by green giant. You can find the in the frozen veggies section. They are 100-200 calories, give you about 4 servings of vegetables, and go great with meals. Also I try to leave enough calories for an afternoon snack.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    100 Calorie Snack:

1 Laughing Cow Light Garlic & Herb cheese triangle (35 cal, 2g fat)
    8 Reduced Fat Wheat Thins (65 cal, 2g fat)

120 Calorie Fat Free Snack:

1/2 cup FAGE 0% Greek Yogurt (60 cal)
    1/4 cup bluberries (15 cal)
    1/4 cup sliced strawberries (15 cal)
    3 tablespoons fat free whipped topping (30 cal)