A bit frustrated with lack of Nutritional Info...

Options
cmeroar68
cmeroar68 Posts: 40 Member
I am in need of some advice....what does one do when going to a restaurant that doesn't have their nutritional information ANYWHERE? I even called them to see if they had it somewhere in the restaurant, but you needed to request it, or if it was online somewhere, but NOPE, they do not have the info I requested. I already ate there, and have no idea how to figure it out!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I am in need of some advice....what does one do when going to a restaurant that doesn't have their nutritional information ANYWHERE? I even called them to see if they had it somewhere in the restaurant, but you needed to request it, or if it was online somewhere, but NOPE, they do not have the info I requested. I already ate there, and have no idea how to figure it out!

Bank some calories, eat what you want and if you should go over, just get on track the next day.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Estimating is really all you can do. When you go there to eat, ask how the food is prepared, then input the ingredients into MFP. That's probably your best bet.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I search the database for the closest possible dish and just go with that. I pick the entries labeled 'generic' or 'homemade' a lot of the time. If it doesn't look like enough calories, then I'll pick another entry.
  • cmeroar68
    cmeroar68 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I know it's not a complete disaster....but it's so frustrating. Guess I will just be extra stingy today with the rest of my calories and begin a new tomorrow. I couldn't even begin to guess...but I was careful about what I ate and didn't gorge! So there is always that!
  • ChelseaGoneAwry
    ChelseaGoneAwry Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I actually came across this problem yesterday when I had Taste of Asia for lunch. MFP has a FEW of their menu items, but the rest are nowhere to be found, online or otherwise! So I just thought back to what was in the food (it was a vegetarian fried rice plate with a little teryaki sauce on top - super yummy and average in calories, btw!) and that was how I recorded the calories. It wasn't exact, but it did the job.