Hello, looking for support to stay on track.

Options
I'm Shellie and new to MFP. I'm looking for other people who are working on losing weight and getting healthy and to support each other. I've been overweight/obese since age 5, I'm now 28. I got to my heaviest of 270 lbs in 2009 now I'm at 200 lbs. My problem is my weight loss has not been constant. I'll lose 20 to 40 lbs in a few months then fall back into old habits and give up. I'm single and live alone so I don't have support at home and I'm hoping this site helps.
As of right now I'm going strong. I'm eating better than I ever have and exercising more. So far this time I've lost 20 lbs in 2 months.
This morning I woke up wanting to give up, I turned to the internet for inspiration and found this site. My motivation is back and this time I want all the help I can get. So I'm looking for new friends here.

Replies

• JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You can feel free to add me. :-)
  • Bullygirl30
    Options
    Let's do this!!! Add me
  • jennnnn2u
    jennnnn2u Posts: 133
    Options
    Hi Shellie,

You are at the right place. Stay the course and keep thinking positive thoughts! When I feel like that I immediately head to the success stories forum and start looking at people's before and after photos. Before you know it an hour will have gone by and the motivation to stick it out will be back!

Good luck, Shellie. Feel free to add me!
  • BChamp1226
    BChamp1226 Posts: 26
    Options
    I LOVE Charlevoix!!!

Feel free to add me.
  • Karen5732
    Karen5732 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Your more than welcome to add me...!!
  • nesi0606
    nesi0606 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is a great site for motivation and support!! I love it!!nnFeel free to add me and will be happy to help give some motivation as we all try to accomplish the same goal!! Healthy living!!
  • Rhondavous64
    Options
    You can add me as well, I just joined Yesterday and love it already!
    I'm Shellie and new to MFP. I'm looking for other people who are working on losing weight and getting healthy and to support each other. I've been overweight/obese since age 5, I'm now 28. I got to my heaviest of 270 lbs in 2009 now I'm at 200 lbs. My problem is my weight loss has not been constant. I'll lose 20 to 40 lbs in a few months then fall back into old habits and give up. I'm single and live alone so I don't have support at home and I'm hoping this site helps.
    As of right now I'm going strong. I'm eating better than I ever have and exercising more. So far this time I've lost 20 lbs in 2 months.
    This morning I woke up wanting to give up, I turned to the internet for inspiration and found this site. My motivation is back and this time I want all the help I can get. So I'm looking for new friends here.
  • KechiaG
    KechiaG Posts: 55
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • nwelch75
    nwelch75 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me if you wish, we all need support and motivation!
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi Shellie,
    I would love to help motivate you! I'm maintaining my weight but would be happy to support you. Please feel free to add me.
    Karen
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • cadillacfrank
    cadillacfrank Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    let's make it happen! take no prisoners and no turning back
  • andalkrish
    andalkrish Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me
  • davidr730
    davidr730 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Slow and constant weight loss has been proven to provide the best results. (Mayo Clinic says 1-2 lbs a week.) Feel free to add me if you like. I've been dropping 2 lbs a week consistently with the help of a nutritionist and my MD.
  • meljofield
    meljofield Posts: 79
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am new-ish to the site and have really enjoyed it. I check it several times a day. It is my new addiction. I love to see how my friends have exercised for the day and it keeps me motivated because I DO NOT want to be the one who doesn't post any calorie burn for the day. Also leave my dairy open so I can be held accountable if I make bad choices. You can win the war with all of us to help you support! This is the place to let the inner healthy girl shine. ;-)

I am always excited to add new friends so if anyone is looking for support add me because I am always looking to be supported.
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ~ I've been around a couple of months but always enjoy new friends :)
  • mahardin
    mahardin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! Just joined today. Let's be support buddies!
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    You've totally come to the right place. :))) There are a lot of special people here willing to help. You sound open to it so that's the first step. Good luck!!!
  • signterp728
    signterp728 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    would love to support you!! feel free to add me!
  • MrsSherrill
    Options
    i love this site and hope you do too. feel free to send a friend request =)