cant stop eating

Options
i dont know whats going on but i cant stop eating..... i know it cant be possible but i was wondering for a split second if i was preggo. has anyone ever had this experience where they just couldnt stop eating??

Replies

• fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Y...E...S! Lol especially during TOM
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    Once or twice, yeah. I have to physically remove myself from the kitchen. I usually refer to it as grazing. I'd grab something quick and ridiculously low cal, like a veggie or an orange or something, head off to another room and eat there.
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    Some days are worse than others for me, but the first thing you need to do is DO SOMETHING!! =) Don't do something passive (don't read, don't sit at the computer, don't watch tv/movies, don't sit around). Go out and distract yourself. Take a walk! Hang out with friends! Get a hobby that requires all of your attention and both hands. ;) Most of the time when I can't seem to curb my munchies is when I'm bored or I'm waiting for the next thing on my schedule. I used to be in the habit of eating while watching TV (after getting home from school) or during a movie, and I've since broken myself of that habit. Sometimes I eat a meal while watching a show or movie, and I like to have a drink close by, but it's usually water or wine.

Hope that helps. =)
  • Sarahrunsforbeer
    Sarahrunsforbeer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had this problem when I was on Abilify. I would crave carbs all the time and was hungry all the time. I gained twenty pounds while I was on it.

Just got off of it this month and the cravings and the increased appetite went away.
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    Once or twice, yeah. I have to physically remove myself from the kitchen. I usually refer to it as grazing. I'd grab something quick and ridiculously low cal, like a veggie or an orange or something, head off to another room and eat there.

Also a good plan. I like to keep cherries or apples on stock depending on the season. I try to cut up & prepare my fruits and veggies for easy access as soon as I get home from the store so I always have something good to snack on.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I am fighting the eating monster this week. I haven't caved yet but it has been a very hard battle. I keep telling myself just 1 more hour and then I push it again. It's been 3 days now :angry:

We just returned from vacation and while I stayed under calories I ate some fried foods and I suspect that is a trigger for me now. I will not be partaking of any fried foods again for a very long time if ever again.
  • ChelseaGoneAwry
    ChelseaGoneAwry Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I read The Hunger Games, and in the book the narrator refers to "Hollow Days" when your tummy is like a bottomless pit and no matter what you eat, you don't get full! I've been there, and those days suck. However, lately I've realized I actually ENJOY feeling hungry. No, no, I'm not starving myself. I get my 1200 cal a day. But try thinking of hunger as a sign that you're not overeating. If you indulge your food cravings every time they hit, they'll come back stronger every time, kind of like when you give a dog a treat 5 times a day. Instead, eat three meals a day and one low cal snack in between each meal, and after a while your body will become used to an eating schedule and your random cravings will subside.
    However, there will still be days when no matter what you eat, you stay hungry. Those are the days that you have to buckle down and find something to distract yourself - a walk, a trip to the mall, anything that doesn't involve food!
  • bonsaiblossom
    bonsaiblossom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I read The Hunger Games, and in the book the narrator refers to "Hollow Days" when your tummy is like a bottomless pit and no matter what you eat, you don't get full! I've been there, and those days suck. However, lately I've realized I actually ENJOY feeling hungry. No, no, I'm not starving myself. I get my 1200 cal a day. But try thinking of hunger as a sign that you're not overeating. If you indulge your food cravings every time they hit, they'll come back stronger every time, kind of like when you give a dog a treat 5 times a day. Instead, eat three meals a day and one low cal snack in between each meal, and after a while your body will become used to an eating schedule and your random cravings will subside.
    However, there will still be days when no matter what you eat, you stay hungry. Those are the days that you have to buckle down and find something to distract yourself - a walk, a trip to the mall, anything that doesn't involve food!

I also like feeling hungry sometimes... it feels good knowing that you are not binging on food. After you binge or eat too much, you feel horrible, but it you don't give in to the cravings, its really a good feeling. Binging backtracks your progress, after I binge I feel as if I am starting all over. Keep healthy snacks near-by.
  • ndearing0501
    ndearing0501 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Every time you feel like eating something, down a whole bottle of water. Your body may be in need of hydration. And you are confusing it with hunger. Your body's at the point where it's shouting I need water and I don't care where I get it from! If even after a whole bottle of water you still feel hungry, eat something low in fat with high protein or fiber.
  • cryshelle247
    cryshelle247 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    :sad: thats exactly how i feel to u have no idea how horrible it is i feel like sheesh no matter how much i eat that its just going into a bottomless pit IM STILL HUNGRY :laugh: i hate it...... and when i try to eat a fruit or something i laugh because my body is like your teasing me right? i know im hungry because im sitting down thinking to myself of big yummy meals i can make ..I DONT EAT BIG MEALS >>which leads me to the conclusion im hungry<< i dont know what to do i dont know any substitutes but i came to far to eff up again
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I've come to the conclusion that I get this "can't stop eating" thing when I've been cutting my calories too low for a while. Feeling a BIT hungry is OK - I tell myself that this is a "thin" feeling. If it's more than that it's usually cos your body is begging you for food.

It's a new theory to me - I grew up with a "diet" routinely being a 1000-calorie-a-day eating plan. I'd never heard of another way of doing things til more recently. But now I know that "creeping up on your body" and making a much less drastic cut in your intake is much easier to sustain over the longer period needed to lose a significant amount of weight.

Healthy lifestyle plans are less drastic than strict diets and succeed better, in my experience. I'd say that if you're desperate to eat everything you can get your teeth into, have a rethink as you won't be able to keep up such a strict diet for very long.

I've tried to look at your diary - it's not private, but it's not filled in either. You have 2440 calories allowed by MFP - are you eating anything like that?
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    In my experience you feel like **** in early pregnancy - much more likely to throw up than want to eat anything, so that's unlikely if you're ravenous.
  • playdoh12
    playdoh12 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am always hungry, when I was younger I could eat all the time, but over the yrs I put so much weight on...now I am trying to lose it, but there are days when I just can't stop eating....I want more and more food...I hope this yr I will cut that habit out!
  • Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Right now, but some people have posted some good ideas that I'm going to try.
  • smsgreaves
    smsgreaves Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    LOL being fully aware that I may get locked up or put in a straight jacket for this post, here goes...

I drink LOADS of water, and think of it as drowning the whinging "Hungries" who seem to be residing in my stomach :blushing:

Of course if it's a meal or snack time I eat, but if it's an hour before lunch and I'm freakin STARVING, then water it is. I have a very active imagination but this may be going too far for some. Works for me though!! :laugh: