Insanity?

Options
tberend
tberend Posts: 91 Member
I'm considering doing the Insanity program, but I'm wondering if it is a realistic option for someone who isn't already in really good shape. I can run about two miles, and do moderate cardio, but that's about it. I like the fact that you don't need any equipment, but it would still be a waste of time and money if I can't even get through the first day of working out. Any advice?

Replies

• peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm in alright shape, although I have never had much endurance for intense cardio. I'm 5 weeks into Insanity and it's kicking my behind, but my endurance has seriously improved! Maybe see if you can find one of the workouts online first and try it out to see what you think.
  • tberend
    Options
    Thanks! I'll check it out. I didn't know they had any online.
  • angel823
    angel823 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I say do it. I could only run one mile when i started insanity, couldnt do half of the things they did and needed to stop constantly. Now i can mostly keep up, alothough i do stop every once in a while and i can now jog 4-6 miles.

I would encourage u to get it. Its great
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Well they're not supposed to be online haha... but you can find them if you look for them.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Also, I got mine off Craigslist, so it was half price, and when I am done I will resell it.

It is really hard (2 weeks in), but everyone I know says that if you stick with it, you will see definate improvements!!!
  • angel823
    angel823 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I torrented my insanity. downloaded it off the internet
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    It is intense but it's a dvd so you can really just go at your own pace... pause it for additional breaks if you need... make whatever adjustments are necessary in the beginning. It won't take long before you find yourself being able to keep up with things that made you stumble in the beginning. I say this goes for any fitness program on dvd. Good luck!
  • tberend
    Options
    Well they're not supposed to be online haha... but you can find them if you look for them.

Ah ha! Thanks! It'll just be our little secret then. ;)
  • OAvalos
    OAvalos Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It don't matter how fit you are.... Shaun T can barely make it through the workout.... Thats why he takes so many breaks... LOL It never gets easier, you just get stronger and are able to last longer. The burn will always be there. Good Luck if you do it and remember to Dig Deeper!!!
  • tberend
    Options
    It is intense but it's a dvd so you can really just go at your own pace... pause it for additional breaks if you need... make whatever adjustments are necessary in the beginning. It won't take long before you find yourself being able to keep up with things that made you stumble in the beginning. I say this goes for any fitness program on dvd. Good luck!

Thanks!
  • tberend
    Options
    It don't matter how fit you are.... Shaun T can barely make it through the workout.... Thats why he takes so many breaks... LOL It never gets easier, you just get stronger and are able to last longer. The burn will always be there. Good Luck if you do it and remember to Dig Deeper!!!

Thanks! Sounds like a great option.
  • PunkyG210
    PunkyG210 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 49. I just started week 3 of Insanity. Yes, it's intense and you should take breaks when you need them, but, in 2 short weeks I've seen improvement in my endurance. I don't think I could even run 1/4 mile. lol When you do the workouts, you'll see that the people doing the workouts need to take breaks and Shaun T encourages you to take them when you need them. I don't pause the DVD because I feel like I'll jump back in quicker if I keep it running. I'm not in horrible shape but I don't have the endurance to run 2 miles.
    I think you'll enjoy the challenge and with each workout you'll see some type of improvement. I'm loving it although frightened about what could possibly be in store for me in month 2. It's like it almost becomes and adddiction. I believe there's a trial offer on Beachbody. And I believe you can try it for 30 days then return it if you don't like it. If you try it, I don't think you'll want to return it.
    Hope that helps, Kathy
  • tberend
    Options
    Thanks Kathy!