Losing on 2000 cals

Options
So, who do we have around here losing/ lost on 2000 cals per day.

I'm still relatively new but played the loss/gain game for many years so I'm trying something different this time.

Going to try eating at BMR for a month and see how I go. For me that's 2000. I'm wanting to lose quite a bit of weight in the first six months for medical procedure at end of year. 2000 is scary (but for the first time in my 'dieting' career I feel it's something I can stick to).

Soooo I'd love it if you could share with me about your experience with eating close to the 2000 mark.

Thanks!

Replies

• StubethyAlice
    Options
    Last winter I lost about 30 lbs eating around 2k/day. The thing was I cut out refined sugar and processed foods and the 2k was all veges, fruit, grains/pasta. Meat was rare but not unheard of. I was never ever hungry because 2k calories of fruit and veg is a LOT of food!
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My BMR is a lot lower than yours (1424) but I'm eating above it (1600) and doing fine! Congrats on trying to do this healthily and not crash dieting and good luck on your journey :)
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Losing on about 2400 cals/day!

I'm also very active - playing full contact sports three days a week for an hour and a half or two hours, and weight training 2-3 days a week with daily yoga thrown in there for flexibility and mental clarity.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get enough protein and you'll be fine!
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that, especially if you are staying active. Go for it!
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    lose a pound a week on 2100 calories
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I've lost all of mine eating around 2000/day. I work out hard and I will not deprive myself. Best wishes! :drinker:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I am eating at about 2k cals per day. Since I am logging my exercise, my net calories are set at 1750. I try to burn at least 250 calories per day with exercise. I lost 11 lbs the first week, 8 the second, and looking at another good-sized loss this week, I think. You can do it! The most important thing is to move. I started by just walking in place or pacing the floor during commercials. Then I started going to the bedroom and turning on the radio and walking/jogging in place. I am up to ten minutes at a time. I hope to break 15 minutes by the end of next week.

You can do it! The most important thing I have been working on is eliminated empty calories, especially liquid calories.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I eat WELL above that every day. I would be absolutely starving at 2000 calories.

Considering excercise, I'm losing weight at about 3000 calories per day.
  • amandajefferson
    Options
    my calorie intake is not 2000 but really close. I am on a 1800 calorie intake and Im doing great with my weight lost and also walk and exercise daily even if it is not for 30 minutes, I still do it.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I eat WELL above that every day. I would be absolutely starving at 2000 calories.

Considering excercise, I'm losing weight at about 3000 calories per day.

Well, men are a tad different. Most women would not lose weight eating 3K on a daily basis. Good for you for doing it the healthy way though!!! :happy:
  • BeingWiser
    BeingWiser Posts: 65
    Options
    So far I've lost 101 pounds in just over 1 year. I started with 2000 calories for the first 6 months then to 1800, 1600, 1400 as I got closer to my goal. There is no way when I weighted 290 that I could have restricted my calories over 1000 per day for very long. Your very smart to start this way.....:)
  • cksmummy
    cksmummy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys, having 2000 to start with helps me feel less anxious and more in control. Let's hope I see some decent loss. I've never been a person who would lose a lot in any one week - would love that 11lbs + 8lbs weight loss as seen by the member above!!! Will wait and see what weigh-in day brings!

Keep those stories coming though!
  • nickyrobinson
    nickyrobinson Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Started at 1950, pegged for 1 lb per week. It turns out that is almost exactly my BMR.

It's taken me 28 weeks to lose 21 lbs, because I've had some major plateaus. (Turns out if I don't eat back 2/3 of my exercise calories, I go nowhere, possibly because I am right at BMR. Since I don't have an HRM, now I simply log 2/3 of my exercise time.)

My current target is 1850, and I eat somewhere between 1800 and 2000 most days, depending on how much exercise. On a big exercise day, it's more like 2500.

Good luck!