Motivation Group for People wanting to lose ~50 pounds

Options
I'd like to start a group for anyone who wants to motivate one another/stay motivated to lose about 50 pounds. I've been trying to diet alone and good lord it is SO hard for me to stay motivated. :noway:

So, I figured a group would be a great way to keep each other going! We could do weekly weigh ins, share recipes, work-out advice and send reminders. You know? ... a way to keep each other accountable, especially if you don't have anyone at home to help you stay focused.

If anyone is interested let me know!

Replies

• TrinaTW
    TrinaTW Posts: 88
    Options
    I'd be interested. I have 50 lbs left to reach my goal. I can never have too much support!!
  • kmcarr1
    kmcarr1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Please add me I need all the support I can get.
  • donnasjohnson
    donnasjohnson Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I turned 49 in April and decided I was going to lose 50 pounds before I turned 50. So far I've lost 20 pounds but I'm trying to keep focused on my "50 before 50" goal. I'm tracking every bite, exercising regularly, and just trying to make good, healthy choices. Not glamorous, but it's working!
  • MindyMay80
    Options
    Me too! I have actually 60 pounds to go though!
  • Emmy166
    Emmy166 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm down! I started about 2 weeks ago (I think!) and don't really know what I'm doing. I'm starting to feel my head spin from all the different "advice" on the boards...

I started at 200 and am trying to get down to 145, but I'll reevaluate once I'm there.
  • katymrose
    katymrose Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm interested! Just started out at 207 and would like to get back down to 145...
  • Jamie145
    Jamie145 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    im interested!! im at 207 and want to be and WILL be at 145:)
  • Firstruleoffatclub
    Options
    me i need to loose 50+
  • ruthechesney
    ruthechesney Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Me too! Currently at 207.5 I think! I am hoping to hit 160 by December 1:)
  • kristenn_53
    Options
    I'm in! I started at 213 and my temporary goal is 160. Hence the 53 in my username (:
  • Raw07
    Raw07 Posts: 206
    Options
    Please feel free to ad me!

I have 50 pounds to lose ( well 49) and I have been trying and trying and I need all the support I can get.
  • mary190136
    mary190136 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I need in on this! I have 50 lbs to lose.
  • saral89
    saral89 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! :)
  • melodyn9c
    melodyn9c Posts: 2
    Options
    Count me in!! I have 100 lbs to lose so I definitely need some support:smile:
  • is4031
    is4031 Posts: 71
    Options
    I'd be interested!
  • Achieveyourdream
    Achieveyourdream Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Im defiantly in! I have 80 pounds to lose.
  • tuppance
    tuppance Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have lost 51 lbs since january 18th :)
    Slowly, steadily it has come down, sometimes by a lb a week, sometimes 2, occasionally staying the same for a week - it IS possible
    Still got a way to go but I now know withcommitment to myself and MFP we can do it :)

Good luck to us all and go for it
  • rbl1225
    rbl1225 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    count me in! I have about 60 in total to lose
  • vgpeterson1984
    vgpeterson1984 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am in~~ I have more than 50 but i have already lost 25lbs and am feeling great. I would love another motivating friend!
  • jbspangs
    jbspangs Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm in. Sounds awesome.