Need a good book on mindless eating

Options
Hi all. I have been evaluating my eating habits and I have realized that I am a mindless eater. Even though it is healthy foods, I still eat without even realizing it. Does anyone have any literature that can help me break this horrendous habit of mine?

Replies

• cathomer
    cathomer Posts: 88
    Options
    I did a course in mindfulness, it's really good. Courses are expensive, but there are loads of books on the subject. You have to practice a lot though, being mindful of everything, not just eating, although eating mindfully is a good practice. Making sure you really look at your food, notice what it's like, the texture, flavour, colour, everything, instead of just not really tasting what you're eating.
    This is the main guy, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mindfulness-Beginners-Jon-Kabat-Zinn/dp/1591794641/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1342805496&sr=1-3
  • MaggieFit622
    Options
    Bump! Anyone else? And thank you so much for your recommendation!
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Mindless Eating by Wansink (Cornell University)
  • MaggieFit622
    Options
    Thank you! I just ordered that on Amazon. I really think that will help me out :D
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    The Beck Diet solution is a good one to. Its a cognitive behavior therapy book. I like it in the audio version.
  • nwebb822_cancel
    nwebb822_cancel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The Pleasure Trap, by Douglas Lyle
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    "50 ways to soothe yourself without food" by albers :)
  • isys5
    isys5 Posts: 213
    Options
    I had a problem with that too and found audio hypnosis SUPER helpful (I also used it for exercise motivation, sleep problems & fear of flying) For me they work amazingly!!!

I just listen to them before going to bed and within a couple days I noticed a big difference and so easy. I got the downloads online but not sure if I am allowed to post a link as it would be promoting stuff but if you are interested just message me and I can send you the name of the place.

I am not affiliated with them in any way but think they are awesome. I recently got another download for patient parenting as my boy has been a terror and wow, wish I had got it years ago ;)

The reason I did not try books as I am too darn busy to find time to read! ;)