the scale

Options
everyday i have to weight myself to make sure i stay on track. i feel like if that number goes up just for one day i need to change something.. i know body weight does go up and down but i only want to see mine go down...

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Mine has gone up about 3+ lbs in the last week or so. You know what I'm going to change? Nothing.
    If the scale number going up freaks you out, then stop stepping on it.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    HMPFf!
  • rbl1225
    rbl1225 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I check in with the scale but only record it once a week. Have you tried measuring? I would rather lose inches then weight :) Plus people notice that first! (from my experience anyways)
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have decided the scale should be renamed to my "devil box". I hate it, but can't seem to stay off of it. haha!

I don't really stress unless it changes drastically or consistantly stays up. Then I think about my sodium intake and h2o intake.

Good luck!
  • sheiwat
    sheiwat Posts: 47
    Options
    Same here tedybehr!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily upon awaking before eating or drinking but after a good morning pooh.:drinker:
    And I record any gains the instant I enter a newer, lower number.
    Makes it more fun for me, but some people who stress out over the scale would go insane doing this.
    I get it.
    To each his own.
    I also track progress with bodyfat. Weight is not the whole picture, and the scale can lie as badly as the man in the mirror.
    You can check here for free: http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html
    Something else to obsess over? Not al all.
    Remember, you rule the numbers - not the other way around.
    Have a great day!
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I put mine away for a month. Not gonna look at it again till August
  • TOPsRocks
    TOPsRocks Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had my husband hide the scales for a season when I got so bad with the scale dictating my life. When I weighed, I was letting it determine whether I ate or not.

Weight will go up & down naturally. Figure out a way to not weigh yourself so often if you are allowing the number to discourage you.
  • TOPsRocks
    TOPsRocks Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had my husband hide the scales for a season when I got so bad with the scale dictating my life. When I weighed, I was letting it determine whether I ate or not.

Weight will go up & down naturally. Figure out a way to not weigh yourself so often if you are allowing the number to discourage you.
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly. But it totally destroys my confidants and makes me begin to second guess everything if I gain.