Avoid Crest Pro Health???

Options
Okay, so my mom called me yesterday and asked me what kind of mouthwash I use...I said Listerine. She said she just saw on the news and heard on the radio that a bunch of people are complaining that Crest Pro Health mouthwash gave them brown stains on their teeth and decreased taste sensation. Has anyone heard of this?

I checked Amazon.com and found Crest Pro Health mouthwash on the site. There are a ton of people complaining! I think out of 127 comments, 106 people gave it "one star" and are complaining about the brown stains and other side effects.

http://www.amazon.com/Crest-PRO-HEALTH-Rinse-500-ml/dp/B000BS6VWC

My mom said Crest isn't planning on pulling it off the shelves because it is a "small percentage of people" who are complaining. Just wondering if anyone had any comments, since I've never used it.

Replies

• abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Okay, so my mom called me yesterday and asked me what kind of mouthwash I use...I said Listerine. She said she just saw on the news and heard on the radio that a bunch of people are complaining that Crest Pro Health mouthwash gave them brown stains on their teeth and decreased taste sensation. Has anyone heard of this?

I checked Amazon.com and found Crest Pro Health mouthwash on the site. There are a ton of people complaining! I think out of 127 comments, 106 people gave it "one star" and are complaining about the brown stains and other side effects.

http://www.amazon.com/Crest-PRO-HEALTH-Rinse-500-ml/dp/B000BS6VWC

My mom said Crest isn't planning on pulling it off the shelves because it is a "small percentage of people" who are complaining. Just wondering if anyone had any comments, since I've never used it.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I use either lysterine or peroxyl, and I've never had an issue with either... just to be safe I'll avoid that one though. Thanks for the heads up!
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i do not usethis kind i use walmart stuff that suppose to whiten teeth..
    thats horrible they all should request their money back or something//:indifferent:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I use Crest Pro Health and my teeth aren't brown. *runs to mirror and checks* Nope, not brown. White.
  • c-grandma
    c-grandma Posts: 73
    Options
    Having my teeth cleaned last month, and my hygenist told me the same thing. I have used it in the past, but no more. Chris.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I use Crest Pro Health and my teeth aren't brown. *runs to mirror and checks* Nope, not brown. White.

:laugh:

Maybe it depends on how often you use it. Some of the people complaining about the side effects were using it twice a day...
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I use it twice a day and have since it came out. Maybe those people are drinking a lot of coffee, tea, soda, etc. I don't know. I haven't heard about this. Hmm...Well, if my teeth DO turn brown, you'll hear about it!