new and have LOTS to lose

Options
I have a lot of weight to lose, and no support at home so i was hoping i could get some new friends and good support here. I have 100 lbs to lose, ive always been heavy and since having my three little ones it only got worse! I am 25years old and have 2 girls and 1 boy i am a stay at home mother but always on the move! I love basketball and hiking and swimming. I just recently joined the Y so i am hoping that helps me stay focused also!

please friend me if you would like to help on my journey while i help you too! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• tberend
    tberend Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Mother of three here! Feel free to friend me!
  • tamimac12
    tamimac12 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm sure on the BMI scale I could lose 100+, but my personal goal is 80ish... I'd be happy with that :)

Feel free to addd me if you like & welcome!
  • davidr730
    davidr730 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    FYI the BMI scale is the worst tool in the tool box. It was invented by the insurance industry in order to assist in rate configuration. My trainer is on the shorted side and is like 7% body fat, but the BMI chart calls him morbidly obese. It only uses hight and weight but is indiscriminate as to whether or not that weight is lean body mass or fat. Your physician should help you set healthy goals, not the insurance company dogs.
  • MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well and have 100+ to loose. I know with the support of some great people and alot of hard work I can totally acheive it.....I hope you don't mind if I add you as a friend. I have a total of 7 kids, 4 are hubby's 2 are mine and 1 we share. I also have 6 grandchildren. I know all to well how hard it is to stay focused on yourself long enough to loose weight when you have a busy life and family depending on you
  • torirodsmom123
    Options
    Hi! I also have 100lbs to lose! I just joined today but I've been trying to lsoe weight since April. I know how hard it is to have no support at home. I have 2 girls and a husband who cooks extremely well, although he doesn't cook on the healthy side. I've been going to Zumba at the gym as my exercise and I really like it. Now, if I could find the magic mix for food, I'd be killing it. Unfortunately, I like to eat. lol! Welcome to MFP!
  • BlessedOne2019
    BlessedOne2019 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am definitely in a similiar boat. I have only 1 child, but while I was pregnant gained a total of 80lbs! That was almost 14 years ago. I am not by any means lazy. I am a private school teacher, and pretty much stay busy during the summer with camps, vbs, and other various projects. I have always been heavy, every since I was a teenager. I have just have always had a hard time getting the weight off. My plan is to join curves in the next couple of weeks, when I have the money, and to start getting in some early morning walks with my dogs. I don' really have quite so much to lose, but I need to lose at least 50-60 obs. I really believe that will put me at a good healthy weight. I would love to have some new friends and support to help me through this, Lord, knows I will need it! :bigsmile:
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me..stay at home mom of 5 :)