Trying to loose baby weight

Options
jjwoods
jjwoods Posts: 13 Member
I just had my 3rd baby 5 weeks ago and I'm trying to get back into a routine and eating less. I'm frustrated because I haven't lost any weight since I brought the baby home! I def. need some motivation. I went on my first run today, did 3.5 miles and felt great! Looking for other people who are in my shoes. Maybe we can all motivate each other.

Replies

• ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anything you put your mind too. I hope you have a great day.
  • stemab3
    stemab3 Posts: 58
    Options
    I have 3 children also but my last was born 4 years ago and I'm desperatly trying to lose the 80 lbs I've gained over the years.

Add me!
  • tobeftmom
    tobeftmom Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi I have 2 girls the youngest is 4 months, also trying to get rid about 60 pounds of baby fat. I didn't do well after my first so i'm hoping to lose it this time.
  • sheiwat
    sheiwat Posts: 47
    Options
    Had my 3rd (and final) in February and still have15 lbs to pre-pregnancy....Good luck on this journey
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have three myself - 7, 5 and almost 3. I never even had to do anything to lose the baby weight with the first two, but the third is a different story. Life became so busy and I found myself in my recliner at the end of the day with a glass of wine rather than getting in a little exercise. Now I'm committed to fitting into those pre-pregnancy jeans again. I want to feel beautiful again, not like a 30-something chubby mom. I want to be the "hot mom" when I pick the kids up from school!

I'm here every day so feel free to add me as a friend. We can all use all the support we can get. Good luck. If you're committed, you'll do great!

btw, 3.5 miles 5 weeks after giving birth???? You're off to an INCREDIBLE start!! :)
  • daoc1972
    daoc1972 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the new baby! I have two boys, and the younger boy was born in Feb. My main calorie burn is from breastfeeding. My son will be starting solids soon, so I want to get some other calorie burning habits well established asap. It's hot here in TX, so I'm not interested in running. I have a recumbent bike, so need to used it. I also want to XBox-ercise regularly, lol. I have the Kinect sensor and a few games that will keep me moving.
  • KissandraAna
    Options
    Congrats on the new addition :) I too am trying to lose baby weight. My oldest will be 22 months in two days, and my youngest is 8 months. Lost 43 lbs so far!!

26197862.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • dolly3186
    dolly3186 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids as well. They're 2 and 1. I would love it to get to know other moms struggling with weight as well. I would love to lose 30 pounds. Anyone feel free to add me as well!
  • mrgmama
    mrgmama Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Another new mama in the house! My youngest is two months old and I know the rest of the weight isn't just going to melt off. Decided I would rather start sooner than later. I'm in the midst of my first week of tracking and it's going pretty well so far - the very fact of having to write down what I'm eating is (sometimes) causing me to limit the snacking. But it gets boring with a newborn in the house!

New moms in particular, please add me and let's get this weight off.
  • jjwoods
    jjwoods Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support everyone!!! I know we can all loose the baby weight, its just going to take time. I've been trying to rush it and I just need to remind myself to slow down, that it will eventually come off.