Zumba for the Wii

Options
Has any one tried this? My work schedule does not allow me to hit ANY of the classes at my gym but I thought this might be good for me.

Replies

• jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    it sucks
  • SparkleHorse224
    SparkleHorse224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I prefer Just Dance to Zumba for the Wii, although I love Zumba classes at my gym. I find the goofy belt thing for Wii Zumba to be obnoxious. I do Just Dance II, Summer Party, and III.
  • emilypurplefrog
    emilypurplefrog Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba for the Wii! My roommate and I have both Just Dance and Zumba and we love Zumba. When I am doing Just Dance, I feel like it works one side of my body more than the other and I think Zumba is pretty even!
  • DMarieLVT
    DMarieLVT Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Zumba 2 for Wii is great! It's so much fun! I have found myself actually wanting to get up and do it at night as opposed to going to the gym or doing workout videos. It's just like playing a video game to me, but you get the bonus of burning calories :) In Zumba 2 you can input your stats and it will give you a rough calorie burn which I really like too.
  • lstone03
    lstone03 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Its not too bad. A lot of the moves don't register in the game (at least for me) but I did get a workout. I've never been to a real zumba class though so I have nothing to compare it to. Oh yeah, and I can't dance to save my life.
  • microburst20
    microburst20 Posts: 130
    Options
    bump for later
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Has any one tried this? My work schedule does not allow me to hit ANY of the classes at my gym but I thought this might be good for me.

the first one was kinda... not great on the interface and a little harder to follow if you're not a natural dancer. The second one is much improved. i'd buy zumba 2 which should be on sale now or in the near future because they're releasing a new zumba game. last i checked amazon it was on sale.

Just dance and EA sports is good too. i like that wii has so many 'not sitting on your butt infront of the tv' games.
  • Bobbi_N
    Bobbi_N Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've got Zumba2 also. I enjoy the actual dances, but the belt is annoying. If you're doing individual dances, having to take the controller in and out of the belt between them kinda stalls my momentum. Its also a bit silly waiting before and after the dances while the instructor plays to the "crowd".
  • MoreThanAMother
    Options
    I love Zumba 2 for the Wii, lots of fun and no issues with the belt for me. A fun way to exercise! :D