How do I over come this feeling? :(

Options
Hello All,

This is my first time posting a topic, I've started commenting a bit but still trying to get into the Community aspect of MFP.

So far I have lost 43 lbs in the last 103 days and would like to lose another 26 lbs over the next few months. Over the past 103 days I've made such big changes to my lifestyle. I have been running every single morning for 30 mins, I have not missed one day in the last 103 days. I eat extremely healthy and have had no cheat days or cheat meals and I do not "treat" myself, I really don't feel the need to eat the way I used to. I also cut out all pop and juices and Drink ONLY water- 5 to 6 bottles of water a day every day- even though before all of this I would only drink pop and always hated water!! I also started doing boxing about two months ago, I haven't been doing this much lately but not because I don't like it, it's a completely different reason but I won't get into that here. So instead of boxing I have started the 30 shred 3 days ago.

OK, so I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way and I really hope I'm not coming off as stupid or as if I'm looking for attention. I do see that I've lost a lot of weight if I look at pictures but I still feel so big :( I have another 26 lbs to go to reach my goal weight and it seems like I still have so much more to go. It's almost like I'm used to the way I look now and it feels as if I'm still as big as when I started out. I'm still losing pretty steadily and I have been pushing myself as hard as ever but I just feel like I'm never going to get to the way I want to be. I don't know if this is just a temporary feeling but I'm afraid I'm never going to feel satisfied until I reach my goal weight, but then I'm scared once I do reach it I still won't feel satisfied. Am I ever going to be happy? I feel that I'm just so much more snappy and I have a short fuse because this just stresses me out so much.

Am I the only one who feels this way? Will it ever go away? Will I ever get to my goal weight and if I do will it ever be enough? I really hope this feeling will go away soon and I can start being happy with myself because it really is affecting my life in so many ways.

Sorry this post was so long, I just needed to get that off my chest and I hope that if anyone understand it's people who are in the same boat as me...

Replies

• wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Yup, I've been there.

The key to changing your attitude is to change your goal. DO NOT focus on a number on a scale or a size that you may never reach. Focus on eating healthy to keep your body in it's best shape possible, and exercising for enjoyment. There are SO many exercises out there, from gyms to DVDs, that you're bound to find something that you love, that gives you a rush, that you look forward to. If you take care of your diet and exercise, the weight will keep on coming off and you will look fantastic - even if you never reach that number or size in your head.
  • ashharris424
    ashharris424 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Totally understand! It can be really hard to overcome that "I'm not who I want to be" feeling. What I would suggest is to pick up a new hobby or activity that you always wanted to do, but thought that your weight held you back. Take a dance class, train for a marathon, pick up a sport, whatever you want to do! Once you realize that your body has gotten stronger and you're able to do that one thing you always wanted to try, you'll feel a lot better about yourself!
  • andreaeose777
    andreaeose777 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I really think that it takes your mind a long time to look at your body for what it is. I feel like I'm just as big now as I was when I 234 but I'm 178 now and I know in my mind I'm much smaller but sometimes I just don't "see" it. I know that I've had to buy an entirely new wardrobe but I feel like I still have the same problem areas. So I know where your coming from. Today when I was stretching at the gym I was in front of the mirror turned sideways and I looked in it and had to look twice because I didn't recognize me. I'm getting much "skinnier" but this is one of the first time I really recognized it. So just keep doing what your doing, and hopefully your mind will catch up to the real body you have. Be proud of yourself!
  • TrishRyan
    TrishRyan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone :) I am feeling a little better today. I guess it's just something I need to take day by day. Thanks again
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    You'll reach your goal. You've proven you know how to do it by losing 2/3 of the weight already. When you get there, your goal will change. You might decide to lose more, build muscle, or just maintain. But you will still be working towards another goal. There is no "done". I am maintaining and still log everything just as religiously as I did when I was losing because I see maintaining as a goal.

You sound like you have changed your lifestyle a lot, and for the better, but it needs to be sustainable. You can't run every morning for the rest of your life, or never have a treat. Maybe you would be less stressed if you started thinking about how to make these changes part of your life forever, even if in some modified form, rather than something you are doing in order to lose weight. Just a thought. Best of luck!
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have those days. ALOT!
    I have lost 50 pounds and still see the same body I did before.

I went out and got some better fitting clothes, and started trying to take better care of myself, and do things that make me feel pretty. It's just whatever makes you feel good - those days will come and go though,.
  • sam45890
    sam45890 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think doing something new just for you might really help. I've been feeling similar and I started running last week, i'm not sure whether i like it yet but i've set myself a goal of doing a 5k run (not a race or anyhting, just running myself) before the end of the year and it's given me something new to focus on rather than just losing weight, it's something i would not have even considered a year ago. I think also the previous poster who mentioned having a treat once in a while is right too. Maybe even have a week off running and see how great you feel when you come back to it the next week and your still just as good, if not better because you've given your body a break. Hope you feel better soon.