Heading to AppleBees...

Options
What are some of my best food options for AppleBees..... I have around 600 calories to play with..... TIA!

Replies

• ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    What are some of my best food options for AppleBees..... I have around 600 calories to play with..... TIA!

Nutrition Facts section in apple bees will do it. Your eye will tell you if its too much. If its a huge 1000 calorie option for example then why don't you eat half of it, and save the rest? Checkout the weight watchers area if you want to be careful with your caloric intakes. Not telling you what to do but just consider your options if you can based on your goals.

http://www.applebees.com/~/media/docs/Applebees_Nutritional_Info.ashx

Checklist:

1. Watch out for gluten
    2. inspect food for additives
    3. ask how its cooked
    4. make sure its extremely natural
    5. make sure its beyond organic
    6. request for organic chef
    7. make sure there are no secret additives
    8. that the government is putting in your food to kill you

:laugh:
  • shedricka
    shedricka Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    AppleBees has an Under 550 calorie menu...it is delicious!!!
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    AppleBees has an Under 550 calorie menu...it is delicious!!!

I see that, I updated my post to include that link with all the info you are talking about.
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    I find that I would rather eat 1/3 to 1/2 of a higher calorie entree and bring the rest home for another day than to have one of their under 550 entrees that are just barely enough, IMHO. I know that some people don't do well in bringing home leftovers but I find that I am happier that way and feel like I've gotten a better value!
  • Misslisat
    Misslisat Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Applebee's has an awesome side of grilled shrimp. I sometimes or two and take them home. Yumm
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    http://www.applebees.com/~/media/docs/Applebees_Nutritional_Info.ashx
    Second page down.
    You can find this type of info by Googling.. just about any restaurant. IMO, if people want others to do the work for them, I am wondering how committed they are to actually sticking with a healthy eating plan. It takes work!
  • KeegMiles
    KeegMiles Posts: 2
    Options
    I really like the Chili Lime Chicken. Its delicious!!

ETA: Its on the under 550 menu!
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    i hear they have *kitten* on tap
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I've tried most stuff on the under 550 menu, and the only one I thought was decent was discontinued. I think if I were to go to Applebee's again I'd get a veggie or fruit cup and just order something that looks good and only eat part of it.
  • agbarash
    agbarash Posts: 7
    Options
    If I remember right, I ate a Parmesan chicken dish there. It was absolutely delicious! And only like..600 cals or so.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    if you have 150 calories to play with.. have a ruby relaxer. YUMMMMMMM! <3
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I always get a blackened chicken salad...good and not too bad on calories if you watch the dressing.. I find it good and filling.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I have ordered the chili lime chicken but I get it w/o the rice and I add more broccoli. It's very good! It is high in sodium, though. :)
  • mjnov
    mjnov Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    watch out for those salads! they look healthy but they are actually close to 1000 calories..ask for dressing on the side!
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I get the 7 oz sirloin (250 cals), 1/2 baked potato (190 cals) & grilled veggies (I don't know the exact cals but veggies can't be much).
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I find that I would rather eat 1/3 to 1/2 of a higher calorie entree and bring the rest home for another day than to have one of their under 550 entrees that are just barely enough, IMHO. I know that some people don't do well in bringing home leftovers but I find that I am happier that way and feel like I've gotten a better value!

^^ definitely this!
  • JamesterCK
    JamesterCK Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the dijon chicken and portabellos. It's 470 calories and seriously, low cal or not, might be the best thing on their menu!
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Watch the sodium! On everything! I like the Signature Sirloin with Garlic Herb Shrimp, it's my favorite. 500 calories, but a whopping 2,440 sodium. An entire days worth!! Lots of water, just remember that. :)
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Why bother?
    You can go with the tofu sea weed wraps with a nice asparagus cocktail, or enjoy the chili-cheese nacho's and a beer.

I just could not go there on 600 calories.
    Good luck :drinker:
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Applebees is in a magic calorie vacuum, there are no calories at Applebees