Eat more, less, or the same.

Options
OK first off don't know if this is in the right forum or not. I don't see an age group between teen and over 35.

I'm 27 and have been working out since April. When I started I was 254 lbs. I'm down to 230, but have been at 230 for the last 2 months. I finally seem to be able to see some muscle to my arms, legs, and chest. My stomach is still flub lol. I don't seem to see any change to my stomach lately. I know it has only been a couple months. My main question is stick to what I've been doing and eating LOWER calories to lose weight or eat more?

I do about 30-40 minutes of cardio everyday and work my legs on Tues, Thurs and my chest, arms, back, and abs on Mon, Wed, and Fri(if able).

I've been eating around 2400 calories a day as a basis with some added for how much I burn during my workouts.

I guess my main question is do I need to eat around what I've been eating as to "cut" down?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Replies

• jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    You could try either and give it a month to see what ya get. I would default and say if your trying to lose take away 250 cals or so and give it a month. See what happens. Or if you want to eat more add about the same and do like wise. Its the only way you'll know.

Great work and best of luck

Personally I was trying to gain by eating 2500-3000 a day and I stayed the same in weight and measurements. Im 27 5'7" 150lbs. Now I'm going for 3000-4000. I was able to cut some weight when I was eating around 2100.
  • icculus19
    icculus19 Posts: 39
    Options
    speaking from experience, the belly fat is the last that goes it sucks i know. i sounds like your you have a pretty good program. when you are cutting/dieting and you have a fair amount of wieght to lose your body will plateau for a while and then start to drop again. also, keep in mind as you lose wieght you will burn less cals via lifting, cardio, and just your body's normal functions. this happened to me about 5 or times when i was cutting. one thing you can do is change up your wieghts program. try adding some different exercises. you can also do your abs everyday. you may also want to increase your cardio to 50-60 minutes.

regarding your diet you (and that includes all of us) can probably clean it up more. check out this site caloriesperhour.com/tutorial_BMR.php. this will give you your BMR and RMR as well as your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) once you know your TDEE you can determine if 2400 cals per day is too much too few or maintaing your current weight. this may help to a diet of 50/30/20. that is 50% pro, 30% carbs, 20% fat (good fats dietary fats) also the more bad carbs and just carbs in general you cut out the faster your body will begin to burn fat as energy and not glucose (stored carbs in your muscles) your body will burn the glucose first and once that is depleated it will begin to burn fat as energy. this is why moderate to low carb diets are best when cutting weight.

hope this helps
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Eat more to weigh less - search this group on here, a wealth of great info and awesome people there!!!