Need help

Options
What are you doing to lose weight? I need help. I know how to make better choices, but I always take things to extremes and need help and support to get past that.
I know if I eat every meal on time and most of them at home I tend to lose but I forget to eat and after a day or two like that the next day Im eating everything.

So what I'm asking is what are you doing & how is working?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Well okay but only because you called me a sweethart.

I do the following things when I'm trying to lose fat:

1) Eat at a calorie deficit.
    2) Consume adequate protein and fat. For me that's 1g/lb LBM and .35g/lb bodyweight, respectively.
    3) Lift weights. Ones that are heavy for me.
    4) Get rest.
    5) Repeat.
    6) And I don't really complicate it beyond the above list of items.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I set my goal on MFP to lose 1/2 lb per week, which gives me 1740 calories and then I eat back my exercise calories on top of that. I aim for 100-120g protein each day and don't worry about macros beyond that. It's working for me. I've lost an average of 5 lbs/mo and I get to eat enough that I am never deprived... parties, BBQs, special occasions... I just budget carefully and can fit it all in.

I'm on the slow and steady plan.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    By the looks of your diary, you need to change a few things.

Dont eat so much processed food, eat breakfast and don't save all your food until night. 1,000 calories of pizza will not help weightloss, even if it is within your calorie goal.
  • urasweethart
    urasweethart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I set my goal on MFP to lose 1/2 lb per week, which gives me 1740 calories and then I eat back my exercise calories on top of that. I aim for 100-120g protein each day and don't worry about macros beyond that. It's working for me. I've lost an average of 5 lbs/mo and I get to eat enough that I am never deprived... parties, BBQs, special occasions... I just budget carefully and can fit it all in.

Thank you This is pretty much what I am trying to do. I have a huge issue when it comes to me counting calories that I normally eat to little. My cals to lose 2lbs a week are 1720 a day. My normal intake is between 800-1200 plus i walk 2.5 miles an hour everyday at the least. so Im trying to eat my food cals & exercise cals. I have lost 13+ in the last 7 weeks so im doing it but sometimes I feel it should be more. Do you think Im asking for to much? also I suck when it comes to sleeping last night i went to bed at 530am and woke up at 8am and here it is 1am and Im still awake.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

Thank you This is pretty much what I am trying to do. I have a huge issue when it comes to me counting calories that I normally eat to little. My cals to lose 2lbs a week are 1720 a day. My normal intake is between 800-1200 plus i walk 2.5 miles an hour everyday at the least. so Im trying to eat my food cals & exercise cals. I have lost 13+ in the last 7 weeks so im doing it but sometimes I feel it should be more. Do you think Im asking for to much? also I suck when it comes to sleeping last night i went to bed at 530am and woke up at 8am and here it is 1am and Im still awake.

Your weight loss is good but I think you should try really hard to deliberately eat more. Get that intake up to 1720 per day at least... then try and add in even half of your exercise calories burned. That's what it gives you for 2 lbs/week?! Wow. You need to eat more.

Don't eat diet anything. Don't eat low-fat. Don't eat nutrition-free foods. Don't eat fat free, sugar free anything. Eat meats, eggs, nuts, seeds, full fat dairy, greek yogurt, veggies, fruits, avocados, protein shakes if you have to. Eventually you will begin to crave the foods your body is asking for and you'll turn it into a fat burning machine.
  • urasweethart
    Options
    By the looks of your diary, you need to change a few things.

Dont eat so much processed food, eat breakfast and don't save all your food until night. 1,000 calories of pizza will not help weightloss, even if it is within your calorie goal.

Ill give it to you about my dinner tonight I think the cals was off cause i cut the digorno in to 8 pieces and I had 3 small slices (not half the pizza) The past 2 days have been bad for me but the fact that I dont go to bed till after 3-5am and Im active after eating my dr said as long as I dont eat 3hrs before I go to bed the whole dont eat after a certain time goes out the window.
  • urasweethart
    Options
  • urasweethart
    Options

Your weight loss is good but I think you should try really hard to deliberately eat more. Get that intake up to 1720 per day at least... then try and add in even half of your exercise calories burned. That's what it gives you for 2 lbs/week?! Wow. You need to eat more.

Don't eat diet anything. Don't eat low-fat. Don't eat nutrition-free foods. Don't eat fat free, sugar free anything. Eat meats, eggs, nuts, seeds, full fat dairy, greek yogurt, veggies, fruits, avocados, protein shakes if you have to. Eventually you will begin to crave the foods your body is asking for and you'll turn it into a fat burning machine.

Yeah 1720 for 2lbs a wk. My stats are 5'10+ 295 large frame (7.5 in wrist) and size 20-22 Dont look like I weigh as much as I do. Im a size 12 at 200lbs.
    Im going shopping tomorrow & going to try to eat atleast 3 meals tomorrow plus upping cals from my normal healthy day. Thank you for your help.