When are you at your lightest on the scale during the day?

Options
Just a musing really...

I'll confess that I heart the scale and I normally weigh myself twice a day, once when I wake up and once when I come in after work but before dinner.

I always thought you were meant to be the lightest in the morning after being asleep, not for me! This morning I weigh 3lbs more than I did before dinner last night and I'll weigh less later on today after having breakfast and lunch!

I guess that's just life so I'm not really bothered but just thought I'd ask your guys when you're at your lightest?

:)

Replies

• Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    for me it is mid morning. After I wake up have a coffee maybe a glass of water and get fully alert. If I weigh in middle of the day or evening, yikes not good :) So I don't now just the mornings, but I confess I will weigh myself up to three times a week
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    After my post-workout shower
  • jasonthekidd
    Options
    I'm an all day everyday weigher.
    Pretty much any time I can get naked, I weigh in. This makes for a minimum of 2 times a day.
    I'm always lightest when I wake up in the morning after I goto the bathroom and before breakfast. I have had several times when I've weighed more in the morning but this has got to be water weight from waking up in the middle of the night and chugging water or a heavy water drinking day the day before. I'm a heavy water drinker so my weight can easily fluctuate 3 to 5 lbs a day. I notice when I have a light water day, I'm at my lightest.
    All water weight.
  • droogievesch
    droogievesch Posts: 202
    Options
    I weigh the least after I wake up from sleeping at least 5 hours. I say this because I have multiple jobs and work every shift, so sometimes I go 36-48 hours without sleep. Other times I may only get 2 hours of sleep between shifts.
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    when i first wake up, After i go pee.
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options

Same here!!! :) I try to weigh myself only once a week, but occasionally have a sneak peek to see how I'm going....
  • owndbycatz
    owndbycatz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    In the a.m., after I pee and before breakfast. I'm a little obsessive with the scale; I admit it. But it's a good motivator for me and I'm not bothered by the fluctuations that go on over a few days. As long as I'm seeing an overall downward trend over time, i'm good.
  • jacintasim
    jacintasim Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's true, the morning you are the lightest. I've been instructed to weigh myself once a month or once a week, but the same time/day every week.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, after peeing and before my shower.
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Haven't a clue. I weight once a week at the same time each week and don't even have scales at home....I'd drive myself mad if I was hopping on and off all the time.....
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    After workout. AND, I noticed that I weigh even less after the shower. Not much, about a pound, but it's still weird.

However there is an answer for why we weigh less after the shower:
    http://en.allexperts.com/q/Chemistry-including-Biochemistry-1355/warm-objects-weigh.htm
  • cnewlin86
    cnewlin86 Posts: 87
    Options
    I weigh the least in the morning and most in the evening. My weight can change 3-4lbs from the start of the day to the end of the day. I drink a ton of water! If i drink 2 liters in a day thats a low water day, I usually hit around 4 liters. Water is basically all I drink. I throw in some crystal light packets every now and than to spice it up ;-) But I always log my morning weight and I weigh every day. It keeps me accountable because when I see the scale start going up in the mornings I know I need to workout rather than skip that days workout. I don't worry about my night weight, i just do it because I'm a bit obbessive with the scale.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options

This.
  • smilesalot1969
    Options

this is me too
  • kathym59
    kathym59 Posts: 51
    Options
    After workout. AND, I noticed that I weigh even less after the shower. Not much, about a pound, but it's still weird.

However there is an answer for why we weigh less after the shower:
    http://en.allexperts.com/q/Chemistry-including-Biochemistry-1355/warm-objects-weigh.htm
    Obviously we all need to shower before our weigh in, lol. Keeps us all clean anyway
  • MzBeckie
    MzBeckie Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    in the mornings. I weigh myself right before I get into the shower.
  • vickijay
    vickijay Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So I'm a weirdo for weighing less in the afternoon :( or maybe it's because most of you only weigh yourself once per day...

I'm now off to weigh myself then have a shower and see if I weigh less!!!
  • Blaineyyy
    Blaineyyy Posts: 151
    Options
    Before breakfast and my workout. Right at the start of the day. :)
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    in the morning and after using the bathroom.
  • melissa10666
    Options
    I weigh my lightest in the morning before I've eaten anything :)