has anyone had a diet similar And what was results

Options
Hi everybody I'm shaun

I don't really need to much help regarding dieting as I'm strict and can hit hardcore diets when needs be. I do alot of cardio but recently switched the light weights more reps back to 4 sets of heavy weights. After looking into it I can still burn fat by lifting heavy and I'm in training with a high protein diet as I'm actually going into wrestling in January.the thing is I eat the right foods but even if low fat it's high in sugars high protein and grapefruit juice again high in carbs in some cases in all honestly tho ive always being able to eat what I want but then still burn it off because of intense gym sessions but now I want my arms chest bulging and my tummy flat with a 6 pax on the horizon. I'm back on protein shakes to here is what I'm eating daily has anyone had a diet like this and what has it done for them. I consume less then 1550 calories a day to then I burn off over 500 at gym or home from cardio workouts that dont include the calories burnt from a weight lifting session.carbs are high due to grapefruit juice beans n pasta but it's just energy at end of the day fat and saturated fat is low and protein intake is high.here is my daily diet

Breakfast

4 egg white scrambled eggs with spoon of extra light Philadelphia cheese
Protein shake with milk
Grapefruit juice

Dinner
Tina of Tuna drained from spring water with BBQ sauce
2oz of carrot sticks
2oz of grapes or apple but mostly grapes

Tea
pasta
Or 4 scrammbled egg whites and full tin of beans
Or Chicken
Protein shake with water ( if not at gym)
Or Other foods chips,pizza,chicken out of oven aslong as its under calorie intake target and not very often

After gym

Protein shake with water

My breakfast and dinner is consistent my tea changes depending on nights/days I'm at the gym as I mentioned about protein shakes sorry there is lots I've wrote here but wanna give people the idea of my diet workout and calorie consumption

Anyone done out similar to this and had results?

Kind regards,

Shaun

Replies

• rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Careful w your tuna intake. Here's a calculator: http://www.ewg.org/tunacalculator
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Hi.

I think I would up the calories a bit if I were you.
  • shaunyhall87
    shaunyhall87 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I understand the calories intake comment but it really don't leave me tired or hungry
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    To me, that seems very low in fat. If I had to recommend one thing, I'd say drop the egg whites and sub with real eggs (or at least go half and half). Also, I'd use some butter, coconut oil , or olive oil with those eggs.

Also, I'll agree with the upping of calories. Netting under 1200 calories regularly for a guy your size seems extremely low.
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    To me, that seems very low in fat. If I had to recommend one thing, I'd say drop the egg whites and sub with real eggs (or at least go half and half). Also, I'd use some butter, coconut oil , or olive oil with those eggs.

Also, I'll agree with the upping of calories. Netting under 1200 calories regularly for a guy your size seems extremely low.

^^^ this
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a lady here, but the calorie thing has more to do with muscle gain effective fat loss and less to do with tired or hungry. If I were to eat 1550 a day and be lifting heavy and doing cardio, even if it would be upwards of 40% protein, I would be putting myself at risk of not gaining the muscle I wanted to and losing the muscle as well as fat. My suggestion is to read the New Rules of Lifting for a good, scientific yet understandable explanation of calorie intake with intense work outs. However much you can show your self-control, you aren't doing yourself any favors by eating too little and you won't get what you want.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    To gain muscle you need to be in calorie surplus (beginner gains not included)

To lose fat you need to be in calorie deficit.

You need to define your goals. If you want to lose fat, eat less than you burn off and go to the gym and eat plenty of protein to ensure that it's fat you're losing not muscle. If you want to gain muscle, eat more than you burn off and do tons of work in the gym and eat lots of protein to ensure the surplus goes on as muscle and not fat.

You can go through phases, i.e. muscle building phases then fat loss phases, and there are programs out there that combine the two e.g. bulking days and cutting days, but it's debatable that they're any more effective than the traditional way of bulking then cutting. But the basic rule of biology is that your body's either in an anabolic (building) state or a catabolic (breaking down) state, not both at once.

If you want to build muscle I'd say you need to eat a lot more than what's on that plan. There are men who are eating like 3000 cals/day and more. I'm female and 5'1" and I'd have to eat at least 2100 cals, plus do a lot of gym work, plus eating back any calories burned from cardio in order to gain muscle. Big men need to eat a LOT to gain muscle, like over 3000 cals/day for many.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I understand the calories intake comment but it really don't leave me tired or hungry

Deficit size effects the ability to retain skeletal muscle as you lose weight. The comment about your intake has little to do with your hunger.
  • shaunyhall87
    shaunyhall87 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Cheers guys , tbh it is hard work losing weight but gaining muscle its not like I'm trying for quick fix but I have of muscle memory already but after being out a year with injury I put on weight I have high protein for my muscle and weight loss but low calorie bc I know I can put fat on easily. I'm just sick of lifting light it's toning and I do look ok but I need bulk n thin stomach