extremely happy!

So today I had an audition for my scholarship/vocal performance degree program. They make you audition to the program every year. Well, proudly, I would like to say that I got back in and got an Opera scholarship!

I must say that I was having terrible pitch and breathing problems until I kicked my butt into shape and started working out regularly. All of the professors and coaches are telling me what an improvement I've made this semester...I believe its because my body is in better shape. Its easier to move around on stage and not lose my breath while singing...i love it!

I'm so happy. SO SO SO happy.
I was the underdog going in to my program with the least experience. After this audition, they weeded out 2 of the people that entered the program with me...leaving 2 sophomore girls. I'm one of them!!!! I'm so excited. I can still call myself a "performance" major while everyone else had to drop to education.

bragging.
sorry.

OH I forgot! Since I'm only in my major because i LOVE wearing "diva dresses", I got a new one for my audition. I've gone down 2 sizes since January. I'm a 6!!! yay!

Replies

• LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    So today I had an audition for my scholarship/vocal performance degree program. They make you audition to the program every year. Well, proudly, I would like to say that I got back in and got an Opera scholarship!

I must say that I was having terrible pitch and breathing problems until I kicked my butt into shape and started working out regularly. All of the professors and coaches are telling me what an improvement I've made this semester...I believe its because my body is in better shape. Its easier to move around on stage and not lose my breath while singing...i love it!

I'm so happy. SO SO SO happy.
    I was the underdog going in to my program with the least experience. After this audition, they weeded out 2 of the people that entered the program with me...leaving 2 sophomore girls. I'm one of them!!!! I'm so excited. I can still call myself a "performance" major while everyone else had to drop to education.

bragging.
    sorry.

OH I forgot! Since I'm only in my major because i LOVE wearing "diva dresses", I got a new one for my audition. I've gone down 2 sizes since January. I'm a 6!!! yay!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Congrats!
    That is a great accomplishment....
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Congratulations! I looked at your profile pictures and you are beautiful. No disrespect, but your mom must have issues.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    Congratulations! I looked at your profile pictures and you are beautiful. No disrespect, but your mom must have issues.

Aww thank you so much.
    She does have issues. My whole family has issues with weight and its annoying to me. Health isn't an issue at my house, its how skinny you look. BUT I'm trying to turn things around.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Oh look at you! You're totally adorable! You just get on with your little opera singing heart....the only opera singers I've seen are those wagnerian women. Ha! I would kill to be a size 6......
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Brava, brava, brava!

From one diva to another. (actually, I'm a recovering diva, as I like to say.):flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    I'm in awe of you!! How amazing!!!! WTG!!!!!! :drinker:

Tonight you're entitled to (cake...no.....smothered burrito......probably not....) extra celery & mineral water to celebrate!!!! :drinker:

Congrats!!! :smile:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    I'm in awe of you!! How amazing!!!! WTG!!!!!! :drinker:

Tonight you're entitled to (cake...no.....smothered burrito......probably not....) extra celery & mineral water to celebrate!!!! :drinker:

Congrats!!! :smile:

oooo extra celery. how devilish!!

Thank you all so much! I appreciate it!!!
  • Congrats! Fellow singer here too..I've noticed how much better I've been able to sing since I've been working out, too!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    Congrats! Fellow singer here too..I've noticed how much better I've been able to sing since I've been working out, too!

It really is amazing! All of the faculty here just thinks that I'm working my butt off in the practice room...little do they know that I consider running to be part of my practice time...oops.
    haha
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    wonderful!!!! :flowerforyou: that must feel amazing...and size 6 wooo woooo wooo!!! you must look like such a diva!!
    hugs!
    Ali
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Seriously gorgeous pictures! Nobody should have ever called you hefty or chubs or whatever. You look so good in all of those pics! :heart: :heart:
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    congratulations :drinker: i'm very jealous that you are a size 6!!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    y'all are too sweet!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    That is so wonderful and I am so happy for you!