Grocery Shopping

Options
I'm off to the grocery store what are some healthy choices? I am looking for something new to try.

Replies

• Lornajune
    Lornajune Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    A good filler, like a snack when your hungry but only have a couple hundred calories left is a berry shake, it's so good and so easy. You need 2 things, frozen mixed berries or just one kind whatever you like and milk, I use 1% but it doesn't matter. Recipe: 1 cup frozen berries, 1 cup milk (a little more if needed) and blend it in your magic bullet or blender. 200 calories!! and really filling :D
  • SunflowerRox
    SunflowerRox Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    hey there. i would for sure try to get some brown rice. sounds boring i know, but its so versitile and cheap! just add some olive oil, broccolie, mybe chopped tomato and its amazingly delicious. id reccomend nuts too to snack on as well as fresh fruits. though you gotta be careful because there also high in fat. bu the good kind at least
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese - alone or on toast with jam
    Greek yogurt - alone or with a touch of honey
    Eggs/Liquid Egg whites - scramble up or make an omelet with peppers, onions, mushrooms
    Baby Spinach - add to smoothies, use as salad with nuts, sharp cheese, craisins
    Romaine lettuce - make caesar salad with grilled chicken
    Filet Mignon - bacon-wrapped beef tenderloin for only about 250cal packs a nice protein hit
    Fish - pan fry with fresh dill and lemon
  • dreamsofescaping
    dreamsofescaping Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    YUM YUM!!!! Re-reading all your ideas is making me hungry again lol. GREAT choices and I can't wait to try some I will let you know how it goes ;) I am not the best chef lol but I am sure gonna try. Thank you everyone :)