Atkins Advantage Protein Shakes. Should I?

Options
2»

Replies

• millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Why don't you make your own??? That way you can control everything that goes into it...

I make this one frequently... freeze it and take it with me in the a.m. It thaws out by the time I drink it either post work out or for an afternoon snack.

- 2 scoops of whey protein (chocolate or vanilla)
    - 1 banana
    - 1 cup of frozen strawberries or frozen mixed berries
    - 1/2 cup of skim milk

Sometimes I add a glob of peanut butter or a squirt of Hershey's syrup... Just depends on my mood.
  • MrsPhan11
    MrsPhan11 Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • laopo87
    laopo87 Posts: 9
    Options
    Good Just don't drink too much. It's loaded with potassium which can cause other problems if you have too much in your blood system. Have your bllod checked and talk with a doctor to see how much you can take. <3
  • quiescentaureateserpent
    Options
    They taste terrible. I used to try them and then I realized that making food from scratch with good ingredients was a much better option. If you plan ahead you can do it.
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am not a huge fan of them. I did Atkins for a month and preferred the choclate peanut butter bar as a meal for breakfast. I now make my own protein shakes in the blender. The best protein powder I've found is the Vanilla Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein. 52 g of protein in 2 scoops for 270 calories, or 23g for one scoop at 140 calories. I mix it with ice, water, a banana and about 10 strawberries.....it's a filling and refreshing shake after a long hot walk or exercise.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    im a low carber.....I LOVE THEM...

i love the chocolate...they have milk choc and dark choc....

i love the bars too....i drink them for a meal (2) and i drink one for a snack....

they have sweet treats too....i have a box of choc coconut bars and you cant tell the difference in them and Mounds!

try them
  • BradsLynne
    BradsLynne Posts: 11
    Options
    They are better now than they used to be. The Strawberry is awesome, and the Cafe Mocha, but honestly if you are looking for a great protein shake that taste really good I found the Body by Vi shakes to be true to their word....good luck!
  • mkbledsoe
    mkbledsoe Posts: 132
    Options
    I love the atkins shakes and bars. I am not on the atkins diet but I am diabetic. I don't use them as meal replacements, but I love them in the mornings when I don't have time for breakfast and after workouts or when I know I am not going to be able to eat for a while. The bars are really good too. Right now I am on a chocolate hazelnut bar kick.
  • OUCHilly1
    OUCHilly1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Blech!... tastes like chalky saccharine, leaves a horrible after taste... I couldn't even chug it down. I wish I had not bought three four packs because they were on special, now I am stuck with them.
  • deathbyokapi
    deathbyokapi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I really like them. I've tried a couple different kinds of protein shakes, and so far those are my favorite. However, I am on a keto diet, which advocates high fat, relatively high protein, and really low carb, so they fit right into my plan.

I often work really early morning shifts, and just can't seem to get up early enough to cook an actual breakfast, and I find the Atkins shakes make a pretty great breakfast- unlike other low-carb protein shakes I've tried, I'm not super hungry again 2 hours later, despite the active nature of my job.