mfp newbie!! :)

Options
Hi everyone!! I'm excited to have found this site!! I'm looking forward to meeting and sharing with you all.

I'm currently motivated to lose 20-25 lbs for my upcoming wedding in April in Mexico, but am also extending my goal to include running a 1/2 Marathon sometime late summer. My first dress fitting for my wedding dress should be sometime in February so I would really like to have lost my first 10-15 lbs by then.

I've started my new lifestyle changes by trying to get in a full hour on my elliptical every day, and to drink much more water. I'm also trying to remember to eat through out the day instead of just one big meal at supper time. I've been able to maintain the same weight (give or take 5 lbs) for 8 years, so I'm hoping that just adding some exercise to my otherwise sedintary lifestyle helps kick start the weight loss. Once my weight loss has stalled, I'll look into adding more to kick start it again. I think my honey has bought my the Jillian wii workout for Christmas, so I'm looking forward to starting that as well.

I have really enjoyed reading other peoples posts, but I really really like the weight loss ticker thingy in the signatures.

Replies

• mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting married and good luck! You'll find so much support here. I'm about to start marathon training, so we're on the same page - and I'm NOT a runner. There are so many groups to get invovled with, glad to have you here.
  • Invierno
    Options
    Congratulations!! :flowerforyou: :heart:
    A full hour on the elliptical a day - that requires strong will! I think that a strong-willed person like you will definitely reach the goal!
  • sheyene29
    Options
    Awe, Thank you :)!! It is a challenge some days like today. I fought hard every second today, but some days it feels great and I'm amazed at how awesome I feel after on the good days. I take a quick 2 minute break at the 30 minute mark to refill my water bottle, catch my breath and cool down my cold cloth then I know I'm half way done and only have 30 more mins.

I am keeping my resistance really low right now though, I'm more working on getting the motivation up to stay on for that long. Also, I find it helps to plug in a movie while I'm working out, keeps me from watching the minutes tick by lol.
  • UtahMommy
    Options
    I'm new to this site also and just had a babygirl on October 29th 2009 and so I want to lose some weight to feel good about myself like I did before. MY little girl keeps me going even though she is small and little still, but I slip up all the time when I go to my parents house because they have cookies and candy,... and so this will be hard for me.

I always tell my husband I am going ona diet and he says "yeah, ok" sarcasticly because I always mess up and than eat junk food and so I want to show my husband I can stick with it and keep up the good work.
  • jennie_rae7
    Options
    WOW! One hour a day on the eliptical?! You rock! I can barely make the 20 minutes that I attempt every day, kudos to you! :smile: