Two reasons to be happy today!

Options
This morning the scale said 199.8!! Finally under 200 again :)

AND.. I just ran 5k in 34 minutes!! Considering 2 months ago I couldn't manage 5 minutes of running without feeling out of breath I think that's pretty good :) I feel so awesome now.

I hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!

Replies

• Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Congrats !! Keep up the good work!
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much :)
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Getting under the 200 mark is a great feeling. Way to go on the run!
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I cant wait to reach 199!

Two reasons for me to be happy is I don't have to work today and I don't have to work tomorrow, lol!
  • Cyndieann
    Cyndieann Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! That's so fantastic...feels so uplifting hitting a milestone like that. Keep up the great work!!!:drinker:
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Two wonderful milestones! Thanks for sharing the great news!
  • Asil02
    Asil02 Posts: 261
    Options
    Congrats on the 5K and weight loss. Being below 200 is a big deal! I know...I am working towards that myself.
    Keep up the great work!
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options
    That is SO awesome. I am on my way there and I cannot WAIT until this happens for me. What a great success for you, congrats!!!
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You are so awesome! Yeah for you! Totally proud of you :)
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    That is awesome,you should be so proud of yourself! I thought you were going to say you had twins from the name of the topic :laugh: !
  • ExWallStreetGuy
    ExWallStreetGuy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's Awesome!!! Congrats!
  • nangel4u
    nangel4u Posts: 119
    Options
    That is amazing, definently a happy day today :-)
  • melissa10666
    Options
    great work!
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    This morning the scale said 199.8!! Finally under 200 again :)

AND.. I just ran 5k in 34 minutes!! Considering 2 months ago I couldn't manage 5 minutes of running without feeling out of breath I think that's pretty good :) I feel so awesome now.

I hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!

Congratulations:):) Very Proud of you & Happy for you:):):) Have A Great Weekend:):):flowerforyou:
  • ronaldo4ka
    ronaldo4ka Posts: 56
    Options
    Congratulations! How did you train to run 5K? I'm good on elliptical but when it comes to running I suck and my knees hurt and worst of all, I get bored))
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Two amazing things, be proud girl!
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I really appreciate all of your support :)

I didn't really "train" to do 5k, I just built up my running gradually. I started off doing 5 minutes, then 7, then 10 etc.. And once I'd got into a good routine I pushed myself a bit harder to keep going. Once I got to running for 30 mins straight I pushed myself to go faster, and today is the first time I've managed 5km! I never ended up in pain though, except the odd stitch.. It got easier and easier every time I ran :)
    That is awesome,you should be so proud of yourself! I thought you were going to say you had twins from the name of the topic :laugh: !

Haha nooo! I have 3 little ones already so I think I'm done :P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!