Sugar!

Options
Evening, I'm seriously Struggling on keeping my sugar below the daily goal given of 31g.

Is this a major issue?

Today it's 48g it's regularly over the 31 and often in the high 40s.

I love to have a bowl of muesli each day. That's 12g for a start. I also eat a lot of fruit, by the time I've had some grapes, banana, a satsuma or two a yoghurt and an apple throughout the day it puts me well over.

I'm currently 95kg / 15 stone, was 100kg a month or so ago before. Started watching what I eat and exercising more, and eventually want to get down to about 80kg / 12.5 stone. I've obviously lost a bit of weight already but this sugar really bothers me.

Is there an alternative to fruit I should look to for snacks? Or maybe different types of fruit?

Thanks in advance. ,

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    No need to measure sugar. It is a carb. Just stay within your carb macro.
  • Hastie1981
    Hastie1981 Posts: 10
    Options
    Are you sure ? Why would I have a goal for it if it's not necessary to measure it. Good news If that is the case.

I'm A
    Ways under on the carbs even If it's just by a small amount.
  • 148fitgirl
    148fitgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There is no need to count sugar. Just stay within your carb range. The sugar listed on food labels includes added and natural sugars. The sugar in fruits is natural. You may want to watch ADDED sugar. it sounds like you eat healthy foods.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I am sure. I have no idea why this is a default measurement. It is fairly useless. The only thing important are carbs from a blood glucose point of view. It's next to impossible to have too much sugar and be low on carbs from a functional point of view.
  • Hastie1981
    Hastie1981 Posts: 10
    Options
    Great.

Thanks for that its put my mind at rest.
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options

Is there an alternative to fruit I should look to for snacks? Or maybe different types of fruit?

Thanks in advance. ,

I'd cut out the muesli before cutting out the fruit! Why don't you look at making your own, sugar-free?
    http://bit.ly/O7Oj0E