11 lbs lost and no change

Options
I've lost 11 lbs. and I look EXACTLY the same. As in, to te measurement. How long did it take some of you to start noticing differences?

Replies

• rblakeman
    rblakeman Posts: 25
    Options
    I think it depends on how much you need to lose. Speaking in general terms, if someone weighs 300 pounds and loses 11 pounds, there probably won't be any obvious physical changes yet. But if someone weighs 130 and loses 11 pounds, it would be pretty obvious. It sounds like you are making good progress...keep it up and you will eventually see it and feel it (in your clothes).
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    15 -20 pounds. Be patient. You will see the changes soon and then be so glad you started on this journey.
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    ^^ I agree, depends how much you need to lose. My goal was 30 bls (back to my pre pregnancy weight) and reevaluate from there... and I noticed a bit of a difference after 10 lbs. My jeans fit a little looser in the waist and butt/thighs and my chest/shoulders were more defined. But it wasn't until I compared pictures that I actually SAW a difference (with 10 lbs gone). Now, after 16 lbs, I'm down a size... I didn't expect to see much of anything until about 20 lbs... you're on the right track and will notice a difference in no time!
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. Fortunately my Measurements went down. Not making much progress anymore though. I suggest you up your protein intake and drop carbs to around 150g if your not already. This and cardio/strength is what helped me.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    It took about 15lbs for me to notice a difference.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    After 15lbs. I could see a little bit of a difference around 10, but it wasn't too noticable.
  • dunnweb
    dunnweb Posts: 49
    Options
    I've lost 11 lbs. and I look EXACTLY the same. As in, to te measurement. How long did it take some of you to start noticing differences?

Where are you measuring? Where fat burns off first is typically dependent on the individual. You could be burning it off areas you aren't measuring. Don't worry, you will start noticing it soon!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it, it really depends on your body type+ how much you weigh now. 11 lbs is a great start but don't let yourself get distracted or discouraged. It takes time for progress to show but when it does you'll know all your effort was worth it!!
  • jyuubi
    jyuubi Posts: 109
    Options
    I had changes after the first week, having lost 3 inches from my waist with only 6lbs lost. How that I'm at 16lbs, I'm finally noticing a difference in clothes. You could try doing more toning exercises (just Google), to help start losing those inches. But don't worry too much. You will see changes as long as you keep it up.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Around 20 pounds before people started to comment. Be patient.:flowerforyou:
  • BVannillie
    BVannillie Posts: 140
    Options
    It also depends on the fat you are burning. I was told that visceral and subcutaneous fat which surrounds the organs and causes big stomachs is harder to burn and will take longer to shift, so your stomach might not be getting smaller yet but it will with time. No idea if that's correct!
  • can3mwh
    can3mwh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Took 15lbs before I went down a size. 19 lbs before I saw a change. However, I felt better and more energized after 10lbs were gone.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    It really is about percentages. A 200 pound person losing 12 lbs has lost about 6% of their body weight. A 150 lb person that loses 12 lbs is going to lose about 8% of their body weight. So, the 12 ib loss on the smaller person is going to produce more noticeable results. I have been working out a lot with weights and haven't noticed much a lot of inches lost especially on my stomach. But, I feel stronger. I can feel the muscle I just need to lose more body fat in order for my hard work to show. It will happen we just have to be patient.
  • SquidNebula
    SquidNebula Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15lbs and I'm just now starting to notice a change. My weight went up a few pounds when I started running because I was gaining more muscle in my legs. It was a little discouraging because this lasted for about three weeks. This is the first week that I've really noticed a significant change.

Just keep on working-- push through the moment and you'll see your results. You're doing great so far.
  • desertowman
    desertowman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I haven't seen a difference yet, but as long as it says I'm loosing, I'm good to go.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I couldn't tell a difference until about 20lbs. I didn't get any comments from anyone else until about 30lbs. Hang in there, keep doing what you're doing, you will soon see wonderful changes! =)
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have also lost 11 lbs and we have almost the same goal. I have not noticed but a few other people seem to think I look a little different. I would think at least 20 lbs to really notice a difference.
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I don't worry to much about the number on the scale, as it's only half the battle. I relie on my NSV's (Non Scale Victories) and my measurements to gauge my progress.