frustrated with the scale

Options
Hello. So I work out hard everyday. Normally I do an hour of zumba, and hour or so of lifting and sometimeS yoga at the end. I have been doing this for nearly a year and have been hovering around 180 and a size 10-12, I am getting married in april and i MUST be a 6-8. I went to a dietitian and she told me i wasnt eating enough. I strictly eat 1200 a day no matter how much i burn. So starting last wed I started eating 1600 + whatever cals i burned that day. any advice? i am so burnt out that im consitering something medical.....oh btw i had a doc say it was hormonal so i stopped all bc too...HELP

Replies

• misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    You haven't even been eating 1600 cals a day for a week yet, you need to give it time.
    1200 was DEFINITLY not enough. I do cardio 5-6 times a week for 30-60min and strength training 3 times a week for 45min. I eat 1600 cal a day PLUS most of my exercise calories (i'm 5'7 and 168 right now).

You need to give it time.

And even if you are eating 1600 a day and exercising that much you probably still aren't eating enough.
    I would stick to 1600 for a few weeks, then maybe increase it a bit more week by week or start eating some of your exercise calories back.

That's just my 2 cents
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Try more cardio and running. I would up to 1800 if i were you. If you are working out that much, you probably still arent getting enough fuel.
  • laurak33
    laurak33 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    tthanks....thats pretty much what my dietician said. its just frustrating bc ive been conditioned to think "carbs are bad" "cals are bad" and now all of a sudden people are saying eat eat eat........i guess im just afraid to eat because i dont want to gain.....its an in my head thing i guess
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    You probably haven't been losing any because your body hasn't been getting in enough, so it's been holding onto what it has, to protect itself.

Do some Google research. You'll probably find a few articles explaining what I'm talking about.

Oh, and carbs are NOT bad! In fact, they're the #1 source of energy your body NEEDS in order to do all that cardio you've been doing effectively! Without the carbs, your body is starving itself. If anything it's eating away the muscles you then build back from the strength training and not the fat.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Read this, it's long, but it's the best way to figure out what you should be eating.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12?hl=TDEE+minus+20%
  • icculus19
    icculus19 Posts: 39
    Options
    i you are going to up yur cals do it slowly. if you up yours cals to quick you may gain wieght
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Your eating is erratic...stabilize your protein levels....If you are in the gym that often...you should be meeting or exceeding your protein numbers everyday..

Re gym...try cross training /changing up...And why are you in the gym EVERY day?...Did you have a trainer?
  • laurak33
    laurak33 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a pre med student so really summer is my only time for me so the PLAN was to lose a bunch of weight during the summer so i could take it slower during the school year, yeah that plan isnt working