6 Weeks = Down 24 pounds

Options
Hey All,

No pics this go around, but I just have to say how excited I am about losing weight! This is the first time in my life where I feel like I am a success! Back in college I was around 225. I was overweight, but nothing like my worst point when I hit 347 this year. MFP has been a real blessing and I cannot wait to see how long it takes to hit my first goal. I promise, pictures in the future as I get closer!

Also, if anyone wants to be friends, hit me up. Support is appreciated and I promise it in return! Thanks for listening guys... loving this place and seeing everyone else's success stories! :bigsmile:

24199432.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• italiankrystal26
    Options
    congrats!
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you're doing so well!! Keep up the great work :)
  • Streetpreacher82
    Streetpreacher82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks ya'll! :happy:
  • Asil02
    Asil02 Posts: 261
    Options
    WTG!! Congrats on your success this far. Keep up the great work and it will SO pay off!
  • artslady96
    artslady96 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress. Keep up the great work, and you will be at goal in no time.
  • Streetpreacher82
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Snapped a couple new pics today so I can have some for comparison next time!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • nurselroy
    nurselroy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congrats and keep up the great work!
  • Rosa666
    Rosa666 Posts: 5
    Options
    congrats
    can't wait till see your before & after pics
    keep up the great work
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You should feel really proud of yourself.

The biggest thing I would tell people who are just starting out is: You CAN do it! It just takes patients and discipline. If you follow the plan and are honest about how you are tracking you WILL be successful!

You are proof of this. ^

Thanks for sharing!
  • RitaMarie88
    RitaMarie88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    way to go!!
  • guardgirl512
    Options
    Congrats keep it up!
  • flakitalatina78
    flakitalatina78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started tracking my calories, first time ever...and I'm really confused. I want to lose on average 10lbs a month. I'm on a 1200 calorie diet, how many calories should I burn daily? If I intake 1200, but burn 300 a day...wouldn't my body go into starvation mode? Someone help!
  • shadowvampira
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!
  • smoore1988
    smoore1988 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thats AMAZING! congratulations!!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep it up, you are doing awesome!
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Love your motivation! I'll send a friend req for you. ~Bre
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I just started tracking my calories, first time ever...and I'm really confused. I want to lose on average 10lbs a month. I'm on a 1200 calorie diet, how many calories should I burn daily? If I intake 1200, but burn 300 a day...wouldn't my body go into starvation mode? Someone help!

If you go into your goal settings it will show you how many calories you are burning just by living your regular life style at the activity level that you selected. As long as you are exercising above what you put in your info, then they advise you to eat back your calories (which means to eat the calories that you burned off in your work out). I don't log my workouts because they are already included in what I put in my info. Good luck to you!
  • Streetpreacher82
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Your support is overwhelming in a good way!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!