My hardest time of day....yours?

Options
This is the hardest time of day for me. I'm struggling, as I do every day. Right between my mid-afternoon snack and dinner time. I have all of my calories planned out for today, a really nice balance. I don't need to eat anything, but I'm struggling....some might reply "well if you're that hungry, re-arrange your calories so you can have a snack"....but I KNOW I'm not TRULY hungry, I just want to eat, and if I start snacking now I won't be able to stop. Being a binge eater, I just have to stay focused and stay far away from the kitchen. I just have to get out of my head and stay occupied. Food isn't the end all, be all.

I am reeeeeeally struggling.

But I've made it this far today....I can make it all the way. I will not screw it up....

Replies

• reneeeeeh
    reneeeeeh Posts: 54
    Options
    Worst time of the day for me also.. I always crave sugar but I just have to force myself not to give into the cravings! Its hard but after a while they do go away!
    Try to keep your mind off of food. Chew a piece of gum, go for a walk etc
  • tara_seay
    tara_seay Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My hardest time is right before bed. I have been so used to munching on chips, crackers, etc as I wind down watching tv and getting ready for bed.
  • ededar
    ededar Posts: 36
    Options
    Mine's after dinner, I'm used to having something. Today I tried to work it in so I can have a rib, and I'm glad I did. I think you could try it too it'l' make you feel better and it wont be cheating.
  • freezee2010
    freezee2010 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bedtime! UGH!!!
  • cyberletat
    cyberletat Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Getting home from work in the evenings.... I am ravenous and if dinner isn't a quick assemblage I can be easily tempted to have a "entrée"!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate. Your body is rebelling against a change. It's the old walls of the old boundaries you had set for yourself. Give it a good no, and go do something else.

I have used a natural appetite suppressant before, that worked great for my carb cravings and general appetite. Hoodia herb extract capsules...the brand I bought is Source Naturals...worked great, non-habit forming.

I also discovered that eating at least 1g protein/g lean bodymass made me much happier and satisfied!! So I am 5'7" med build and 163lbs...goal weight about 140. I eat about 150g or more/day.
  • erinn_leigh
    Options
    I know a lot of people struggle with bedtime/late night. This isn't usually so much of a struggle for me because 1) my husband is home to distract me, and 2) I know it's almost time to go to sleep, so I've almost made it.

I think the midday thing is because I'm a stay-at-home mom, so I'm used to being home with my little ones and eating - lots - out of boredom, and because no one is around to make me feel like I shouldn't. So even on the weekends when there's other things going on, my body is telling me right around this time to pig out. Grrrr.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Mine is at night too...A while back I started making myself a coffee and using a good creamer in it. It is now my "treat" at night.
  • erinn_leigh
    Options
    Mine is at night too...A while back I started making myself a coffee and using a good creamer in it. It is now my "treat" at night.

Coffee helps me midday, too!