under 1200....?!

Options
my mfp daily goal is 1200, i am eating three meals a day with a lot of fruit / veg and coming up to about 1180 a day....i cant seem to eat that extra bit without going over...is this to less that i will do into "starvation" or is this ok? its not like im doing it on purpose but i will go OVER if i eat more.... :O)
does any1 else have this problem.....?
I think the reason i have been putting weight on in the first place is that i have been eating the wrong things....and snacking...too much...so i have cut the snacks out and just made more of an effort to eat better, healthier and not eat as much bread.

Replies

• Kellybeswitherick
    Options
    Yes - I totally have this problem! I'm on a restricted paleo diet (for various health reasons) and basically can only eat lean meat, some fish, cooked veg and apples and pears.

The problem with this diet is that I am FULL almost all the time and yet can't seem to reach that 1200cal so I don't go into starvation mode. I thought I must be the only person ever to have this issue! LOL. My friends tell me how lucky I am. But no, not at all. Some night it's 10pm and I'm trying to eat cooked carrots and chicken, but I feel full. Another issue I have is I don't get hungry anymore on this diet, so if I don't pay close attention to my calorie intake during the day I can feel really bad and weak and sometimes feel faint. I feel much better if I hit that 1200cal goal.

Some of my tricks have been - eat a little more protein at each meal. I can also have small amounts of chia seeds - they are great. I add them to my homemade protein drinks. And I always cook in either virgin coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil to get a little calorie boost. My other trick is to eat my lunch and dinner with 1/2 ripe avacado as my "condiment". I'm not allowed any sauces, ketchup, mayo, or even vinagrettes so I just cook with fresh herbs and use avacado as a dip for things like chicken or lean ground beef. It helps to get that protein in and gives just the right amount of extra calories. Another trick is I snack on unsalted sunflower seeds. They have good calories and help me to not feel deprived if I'm watching a movie or something where everyone else has chips or popcorn. Because of my health reason, cheating is not an option for me, so these substitues are all I have and they are working out great.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    should be okay, i think ur body gets used to the amount of calories u put into it each day, so as long as its not significantly less, u should be alright
  • melissa10666
    Options
    Just eat a few grapes of half an apple or something haha
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    There is no 'starvation ON' switch at 1200. You're fine. :smile:
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I set mine to 1,250 so I won't feel bad if I go a little over, haha.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine, even if you are slightly over, you will still be at a calorie deficit. I don't think 20 under is going to hurt you either. I think it would be hard to hit exactly 1200 everyday. I never hit my goal exactly. Of course, it's much higher than 1200. But as long as you are pretty close it should be ok. =)
  • Girl_Bomb
    Girl_Bomb Posts: 195
    Options
    your going to gain weight or just stay the same cause your body is going to hold onto everything you put into it, it'll be craving the energy, 1200 calories is enough for a women whos 4'7, has a desk job and doesnt work out lol

for more details i suggest you check out the group "eat more to weigh less"
    i personally dont follow it exactly because it was just way to much food but i eat 1785 a day and have lost 45lbs

also, add things like avocado, olive oil, chai seeds, nuts, smoothies, protien shakes, peanut butter(organic)
    small things that boost up your calories and healthy fats, its how i am able to reach my calorie goal everyday