:'(

Options
I woke up this morning to go to weight watchers and its been cancelled...asked my mom what happend and she said id be fine on my own and need the money for other things. i swear im screwed i dont know what to do i just want to cry...if this wasnt free i would just give up...im trying to stay calm and hold on to the last shred of hope i have. btw it was under her name because i was not able to have it taken out directly so i used her account and gave her 40 bucks every month...ugh thanks for letting me vent :'(

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    What was it about weight watchers that you felt was crucial for you? I bet there's a way to replicate it. (For free.) :)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    This is free, and it's more flexible than ww
  • ash1rose
    ash1rose Posts: 3
    Options
    Wait, you were giving your mom money so effectively paying for it and she cancelled it anyway because she "needed the money for other things?" I'm confused...is she now using the money you're giving her for other things?? That's not fair at all! Btw, don't give up. You've lost 69lbs, which is absolutely amazing :)
  • tara_seay
    tara_seay Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    girl, if you want to do weight watchers that badly, email me - i got tons of websites that have food lists for points, a points calculator, recipes, and restaurant lists.

i'm doing it too, but i'm not paying for it!
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    stick at it, you cant find groups on here to weigh in every week so they will hold you accountable. Add me and I will gladly support you and hold you accountable for sticking to your goals! =) In a nice way
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I have a spreadsheet that does PointsPlus, if you want a copy. It's not hard to do WW on your own. You can also buy a Points calculator online or at a WW center. I don't think you need E-Tools for anything but that, do you?
  • Kailuen
    Kailuen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    THere are better things that are free. You can use forums here, track your calories (etc.) and download weightloss videos online.
  • fightright
    Options
    my brother was on weight watchers, and because of budget he had to quit. he now adheres to a plan just like the one here and has lost 120 pounds... in reality this is the same thing as weight watchers, the numbers just look different. try to keep that in mind going into this, and save your 40 bucks a month, cause in 6 installments you will be needing that cash to buy new clothes :P
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    You do not need to fork out money to lose weight, seriously.
    Mfp has worked perfectly well for many, many people and has all the support and numbers you need to succeed.
    I suggest ditching weight watchers, and simply focussing on eating above your bmr, but below your TDEE, and getting in plenty of exercise.
  • AimeeBaumgartner
    AimeeBaumgartner Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You don't need it. You know what to do. Eat healthy & exercise. No secret formula really..
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Take what you learned from WW and use it in the real world! I've never used it, but I would assume that you learned something about portion sizes and what is good for you vs what is not. You have MFP to help you count calories and friends for support, best of luck!
  • Prejoyc
    Prejoyc Posts: 1
    Options
    U r more than halfway there! Definitely don't give up! From experience is I get sad I know I turn to food. And before I've gained like 5 lbs in one night due to overeating. DO NOT do this! 5 lbs is like 2 weeks of exercising. It is not worth it for that instant gratification.

U can definitely succeed. I've started making strict schedules for me. Schedules for me usually don't work becuz I end up ignoring them. But I'm not just trying to change my weight, but my whole mind set. Nobody can change u as much as U can! I have school homework and my job at a fried chicken place. It definitely is Not easy. But if u want it bad enough do NOT give up. Fight for it. No one else can fight ur battles. But we r all here to watch u succeed. :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Awwww...that really stinks! Definitely don't give up! If you need the accountability maybe find someone who was in your weight watchers group that will still stick buy you if you need a person that lives near you to hold you accountable. If not, you've got us! You've done SO well already, do not let this derail you!
  • mattsdad1961
    mattsdad1961 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm sur ethat the personal relationships and counseling were an important part of the WW experience for you. I'm so sorry tht you have been disconected from the support group you had through that. Hopefully you can develop similar connections elsewhere that are not as costly...The important thing to understand is that WW did not get you where you are today...you did it. Your good choices...your understanding your body...your knowing that you are valuable and deserve a long, healthy life and knowing that YOU have control over how positively or negatively you treat yourself is what has given you the success you have gained. You are what you need to continue. You probably know enuf to be a guide for others who don't know hwo deserving they are for healthy success. Find connections here on MFP...know that you are strong and successful and worth it.
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for helping me see the good in this..feel free to add me i could always use support as well as give support :-)
  • kornmaiden
    kornmaiden Posts: 109
    Options
    I recently quit WW and am doing much better on here. I had my resting metabolism done. I set my minimum calories to that and then eat back calories from weight loss. If you cant afford to do that, about 39 bucks go with what MFP recommends for you, if you dont lose, lower it and go from there. You will do fine. I lost 3 pounds this week and got into onederland!
  • lindzmt22
    lindzmt22 Posts: 335
    Options
    Girl there are free apps for WW on your cell phone!! Look em up! That's what I did when I did WW recently. It's all good!!