Am I losing weight too fast?

Options
Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, but I'm just worried that I'm going to gain all of the weigh back. Since Wednesday I've lost 4 pounds, at first I though I was doing really well since I'd been plateaued for about 2 months, but now I'm just worried I'll gain it all back. Thoughts?

Replies

• MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I think it's fine. I tend to hang on to (or increase) my weight during the week, and then abruptly drop 3 or 4 lbs in a day or two so that I have a net loss of about 2 lbs a week. So far I haven't gained anything back. Good luck!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    It's bumpy... think of it as the weight loss from the right things you did during your plateau finally showing results. It can also be related to your monthly cycle or a temporary water-bloating. When your body releases the water, you can lose quickly. Yes, you could gain quickly too, but were you working on the right habits while you were at plateau? For me, there's often a pattern... I lose a pound or two a week for a couple of weeks, then gain back or stay flat for a week or two, and then when I lose again, it's faster at first. It's sort of a 2 steps forward, 1 step back process, slow over all, but eventually I think I'll get there.

For someone else experiencing a bumpy pattern, see the blog I just read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Florawanda/view/i-ll-be-here-for-as-long-as-it-takes-310592
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Your fine, don't overthink it :smile:
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Here's my weight chart for the last 2 weeks, it is definitely bumpy.

weightloss.png
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    That's how it is with me sometimes. I might average 1 lb/week but it's more like no change for a month then BAM down 4 lbs. in one week.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    my chart (if I entered all the ups) would look alot like yours. A salty day will definitely make it go up and it will take a few days for it to come down.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hi Pandagirl,

You should try to exceed your protein instead of falling below it as much as you are or you will lose muscle along with the fat. Check out the diaries of the others.

Ruth
  • fatpanda96
    fatpanda96 Posts: 77
    Options
    Okay, thanks everyone :) I just REALLY did not want to gain it all back. That would have defiantly been a motivation crusher.
  • Kailuen
    Kailuen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Small variations could be water weight. Huge fluctuations is what you should be worried about.