Male - 5,10" 33 years old, 60lbs lost, pics

Options
Hi everyone I have never posted here but have been a member since Jan 2012, and read multiple posts which helped motivate me.

I will explain my story below (if your interested !) but before I will get to the pics and the stats !

Starting weight: 265.8 Pounds ( this was my first weigh after a month I believe I was closer to 285 when I started)
Current weight: 208 Pounds

starting waist size - 44" (trouser size purchased)
Current waist size - an awkward 37" (my 38" "new jeans" are loose now lol)

to be honest 44" was very tight also.

I bought xxl -xxxl T-shirts I now buy L :)

Some before Shots:

jamieJan2012.jpg
jamiejan2012cake.jpg
jamiejan20122.jpg

All of these were took during a family trip to Ireland in January 2012, this I believe was my largest, I remember feeling fine, not overweight etc, something changed inside, I wanted to feel fit again.

Some recent shots:

8b6c9496.jpg
09bb152b.jpg
72e55bc1.jpg
52fb94e8.jpg

Exercise:
I did approx 6 months split roughly like this:

1st month - pure MFP logging food, keeping under my calories.
2nd -3rd month - MFP + elliptical trainer 10 mins at first - then 15 then 30 mins towards the end of month 3 roughly 3-5 days a week.

4th, 5th and 6th month - MFP + P90X2 + running, I followed the 0-5k couch potato training style to get running on my "rest days" I used the nike+ app on my iPhone to log my runs, (68.86 miles logged so far lol)

Food:

I have eaten more than my allowance several times (allowance being approx 1600 cals), my diary is about 95% honest ! (overall) mainly due to the times I have forgotten to log (recently mostly) I have also generally eaten my calories back.

I did find at month 3 I stopped loosing weight, I wasn't eating enough, I ate approx 2000 a day on alternate days for a week and dropped 5 pounds in a week, then a steady 1 -3 pounds a week from there !

it is getting harder to loose now I am getting closer to goal weight.

I am off on holiday for 2 weeks now, the reason for the post is basically due to me not being "obese" and now I am "overweight" (in regards to the BMi scale) so I am dead chuffed.

Moving forward I am now going to focus on diet much more, I need to eat much cleaner to shed more pounds now, I will update with some more shots etc in 3 months if anyone is interested.

thanks for all of you people who posted before and after shots and helped keep me going its changed Mine, my wife's and daughters life for good :)

remember losing weight is a journey not a race, things take time :)

Jay

Untitled.jpg
Come on the blues !

Replies

• sstewart75
    sstewart75 Posts: 27
    Options
    Jay, a big WELL DONE. It really is a fantatic inspiration.:drinker:
  • harpercutie
    harpercutie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    great job dude
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!! You look great :)
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Jay! I noticed that your new pics have you smiling, compared to the older pics where you looked unhappy. Again, congrats on job well done!
  • lanie37
    lanie37 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Brilliant work well done
  • Carrmaduke
    Carrmaduke Posts: 42
    Options
    Nice job!
  • desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    Options
    I love reading posts like this one. :smile: Thanks for sharing and congratulations on your success.
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    A huge achievement! - 1600 cals was pretty low for your stats - I am 5ft 2 and 247 pounds and I lose on 1600 plus eating exercise calories - glad to see you upped to 2000 cals and continued to lose pounds

Very very well done - enjoy your break and I hope all goes well for you
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • aikidosensei
    aikidosensei Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words , I still have quite a few pounds more to shift but am looking forward to reaching my goals !
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! And love your last pic.
  • lose4good1
    lose4good1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Great post. You look wonderful. I am sure your wife thinks you are a hotty
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring man! I'm in the same boat, started at 280ish down to 240 right now 31 years old and about 6'1, glad to read about your stuck zone cause I think I'm kinda in that area been at 240ish for a month.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Great job! And thank you for the explanation of HOW you did it! :) Congrats, you look great!
  • lifesazoo
    lifesazoo Posts: 118
    Options
    Amazing changes!!! Thanks for telling your story and inspiring us!
  • debra4647
    debra4647 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!! Wonderful inspiration!!
  • Josephina57
    Josephina57 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    great job, you look so much happier.
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    great Job! You look amazing
  • Rayzback
    Rayzback Posts: 73
    Options
    Great job man!!! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • aikidosensei
    aikidosensei Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring man! I'm in the same boat, started at 280ish down to 240 right now 31 years old and about 6'1, glad to read about your stuck zone cause I think I'm kinda in that area been at 240ish for a month.

Thanks!, I found changing both my exercise and food kicked my weight loss back into touch, I feel it will be this way forever more !! :)

Dont be afraid to try more calories for a few days, have some extra cereal in the evening or a small pot of cashews or something, to be honest I have still eaten the junk I used to just about 99.9% less of it, I find the dirty Pringles, Chocolate (of any kind) and the highly addictive Coca Cola to be my bugbear, I must say though I havent had a full fat Coke since Dec 2011, its always been a diet soda !

Good luck mate hope your weight starts shifting again soon.

Jay
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!