Cardio on linoleum floor..yikes!

Options
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for floor mats etc for working out on linoleum tile. Sometimes i have to do side skiers etc and i enjoy doin zumba but the linoleum is very slippery! I have tried using my yoga mat but the whole mat will slip and slide at times and it isnt big enough for me to really do any major movements back and forth..does anyone have an affordable types of mats etc that i can purchase that takes up a big enough area to work out on(main concern is that the whole mat will not slip out from under me while i jump around, do yoga poses, and work outs like mtn climbers) thanks!

Replies

• jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm sure a rug would work just fine. :flowerforyou:
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    The big box hardware stores sell industrial type rugs by the foot usually. We used that plus a one of those nonslip things under it. We got the ones shaped like a runner (long and narrow). It was to stop our office chairs from rolling on an uneven wood floor but it would probably work for this too
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    get the mats with rubber on the bottom.
  • Bobbi_N
    Bobbi_N Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was just at Wal-Mart the other day and they had some exercise matting squares in a package that fit together kind of like a jigsaw puzzle. If I recall, they were affordable and no-slip.
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Just wear shoes?
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I bought the floor exercise mats from Walmart. They are in my garage and have held up very well. I use them for my Insanity videos. I taped the bottom with duct tape or I found the puzzle pieces didn't stay together that well.
  • Diazwifey2010
    Options
    Ok thanks! I do wear shoes when i work out(i am way too accident prone to not wear them haha). I just live in a dusty place and no matter how much i sweep and mop the floor gets dusty plus i have a german shepherd who sheds so that doesnt help. I willcheck out those mats. Thanks!