Height & Weight 4'11

Options
rmartin72
rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
I'm Trying To Evaluate My Height & Weight? I'm 4'11 and My Current Weight is Last recorded weight: 194 lbs on 07/07/12, I'm wanting to get down to about 100 or 105 lbs! What would you recommend? I would really appreicate any thoughts or ideas!!

Replies

• rmartin72
    Options
    Bump
  • rmartin72
    Options
    Any One ??????
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    hey mr martin :)

i was actually looking at this table earlier.

it gives you an indication of approximate weight for height.

http://www.alodiet.com/book/Calculators/IdealBodyWeight.aspx
  • megancarlotta
    Options
    I think it depends on a couple of factors. Your bone structure needs to be taken into account.

I am 5'0, currently 240 Pounds and I am trying to get down to 140 Pounds. But I will be happy at 160 pounds. My bone structure is at a medium build, so my healthy range is actually 125 pounds, but I haven't been that weight since middle school! I will take what I can get!

The other factor is your long term fitness goals and your overall health. The number on the scale may not be as important as your overall health. Good luck!
  • ColleenRoss50
    ColleenRoss50 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I agree with what the above poster said. It is difficult to decide what would be a good weight for someone of a specific height because factors like bone structure (frame size) can cause a lot of variables.

You don't need to decide what is best for you now. Often we don't know what is best till we get there. Sometimes the best thing to do is pick an initial goal weight and, once you have reached that, you can evaluate again and decide how much more you want to lose. Many people have several goals before they finally reach their ultimate goal where they are at a weight that they are satisfied with. For example you could have an initial goal to get down to say something like 135 or 145 lbs. or even higher if you like. Once you get there you can evaluate and then move on to your next goal if you feel you need to lose more, etc. You can have as many mini goals as you want.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I think that 100 - 105 would be a good goal for a woman with a small frame, but not for a man. IMO, set small goals, say 175 or 150, reevaluate when you get there and go from there. At some point, you may realize that body recoosition is what you're after, and that would mean higher weight, but also, higher muscle mass.
  • niknokd
    niknokd Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 5'0 and I fluctuate between 105 and 107 on a daily basis. It's a very healthy weight, not under and not over. But everyone has a different optimum weight. I think the best thing to do would be to consult with a doctor - it's always good to get their opinion when you have a large weight loss goal. I wish you the best of luck in reaching your goals! :)
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I think that 100 - 105 would be a good goal for a woman with a small frame,

^^ This. For a man I think you should aim a little higher. Keep setting goals along the way and as you meet them see how you feel at that weight.
  • rmartin72
    Options
    Thank you very much for this information from website ;)
  • rmartin72
    Options
  • rmartin72
    Options
  • dianab57
    dianab57 Posts: 11
    Options
    I am also 4'9" and I agree with everyone in that you need to set a goal that seems like it is within your reach and then when you it that take another look at yourself and decide how much more you want to loose. You may find that loosing some of the weight and toning you muscles you are happy at a weight higher than what you are thinking. Good luck and never stop believing in yourself.