Diabetic?

Options
How do I put in my profile that I am a diabetic so that it will adjust my numbers? :smile:

Replies

• airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Adjust?
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    There is not option for diabetics. You need to know how many carbs you are allowed and just use that number and ignore what MFP gives you. Perhaps one day there will be options for adjusting carbs but not now. However, I dont need it....I know what I can safely have.
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Up the top there is an option if you click on 'my home' > 'goals' > 'change goals' > 'custom'.

In there you can specify any of your macros and targets. Good luck :)
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    If you go to My Home, Goals, and click on Change Goals, you can customize your macro percentages.

I do lower carb, so I set mine to 30% carbs, and 35% for fat and protein. This gives me about 100g of carbs/day. Does that help?
  • littlecuteone
    littlecuteone Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I opened this thread. I'm not diabetic right now but I suffered severe gestational diabetes with my son last year and I expect I will have it again in future pregnancies and most likely go on to develop type 2 later in life. Knowing how to adjust the carb goals will be a useful tool. Thanks to those who posted instructions.