Starting over in a whole new way.

Options
Last year I lost 30 lbs using this sight. I was doing great, having a blast and feeling wonderful. Then I got sick. Spent 3 months in bed. Had horrible pain. I've gained 10 back and feel like crap. I have a rare disease called Romberg Syndrome. The main and most noticeable effect is an atrophy to the right side of my face. Even more uncommon among those of us with the disease are seizures and migraines. I have those too. Last October my seizures increased and changed. Migraines grew in intensity. New symptoms were joint pain and swelling, and incredibly painful muscle spasms and twitches. After many. many visits to the Dr and some new medicines that help treat the symptoms and one that lowers my immune system I am doing a bit better. I'm sorry about all the background, but I'm hoping it will help people understand why I'm so scared. I'm terrified of workouts. I hate the idea of muscle pain at all now. I don't know how to do this anymore. Any advice on how to do this slowly? Have you been there? I know I can start with eating right and I plan to, but I can't get past the idea in my head that for true weight loss and health has to include intense workouts. I loved my workouts. I miss them. Thank you in advance!

Replies

• warerdgrl
    warerdgrl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is LaShawnda and I'm praying that your o.k. Your story is very touching and I will keep you in pray. I'm trying to start out slow with eating healthier, I'm a Mother of 4 so my time is limited. As long as were taking steps, even baby steps that will give us the encouragement to try alittlle more. God Bless You and I hope to hear from you
  • aset132
    aset132 Posts: 91
    Options
    You are so sweet! I think I make things harder for myself mentally. I feel such frustration, but I need to get up and go! Grocery shopping tomorrow. Going to get some good things. :) Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers. They are much appreciated! We can do this!