New Person

Options
erins89
erins89 Posts: 20 Member
Ok, so I am that person who is ALWAYS going to start going to the gym, start eating right and start losing weight. The problem is that I NEVER do any of these things. i am about to start graduate school and I want to get serious about weight loss for my health and for my looks. I usually need to be held accountable to something/someone so I am going to use this and really try to make the change this time, starting tomorrow I am going to start trying to do the things I am always saying i am going to do. I am getting my Master's Degree in Substance Abuse counseling, and how can I ask people to change their lifestyles and use self control if I can't do the same?

Replies

• dianab57
    dianab57 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi Erin thanks for asking to be my friend. I can use all the friends and support I can get. You sound a lot like me! I too have to be answerable to someone but I also need a lot of encouragement. I get really depressed and discouraged whenever I don't see the weight coming off and shopping for clothes makes me cry. Mr twins graduated from college last year and I almost didn't want to go because it was so hard to find clothes that I felt I would like nice enough in and their friends/classmates wouldn't look at me funny. They are two of my biggest supporters and have always been there to hug me and hold me when I cry and tell me I am beautiful and that they love me the way I am. They are proud of me for trying once again to loose the weight but won't get on me if I can't. I hope you have someone like that for you. If not....I will always support you and everyone else that tries to loose.
  • 1992cmw
    1992cmw Posts: 19
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Good luck with your journey and schooling!!!

Cierra
  • Kmdforsythe
    Kmdforsythe Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I hope to be going to Graduate school next year!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I like that you feel a little hypocritical about telling people to control themselves but you can't, yes I paraphrased it.
  • erins89
    erins89 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys!! I am so glad to have support and can't wait to support all of you in our goal to get healthier!
  • rogersashley676
    Options
    i have the same issue with losing weight. i always say im going to stop eating bad and stuff but i always slip. ive been doing good since i started this so feel free to add me and ask for advice or anything :)