My Slow Transformation :)

Options
Back when I saw that picture of myself in 2009, I realized that it was time for a change and I started going to the gym and lifting weights. At first I saw no results but after a few months I started shedding weight just from lifting weight and by the end of 2009 I was about 170ish pounds and I was pretty happy with myself. From then on I was losing weight slowly due to me being in early 20s and going out drinking and eating late at night. I was finally able to drop to about 155 by around November 2011 and pretty much stayed at that weight unti May of 2012 (2 months ago). I decided I wanted to lean out a little more to get more definition and look more toned so I changed up my diet as well as started a new workout routine. Today I am currently 5'7" around 141lbs and weighing 60lbs less than I did at my heaviest.

My diet for the past two months consisted of:
Breakfast of oatmeal and egg Whites
My meals throughout the day consisted of complex carbs such as sweet potato or brown rice, fibrous veggies such as broccoli or steamed green beans, and lean meats such as chicken breasts or tilapia.
Dinner consisted of mostly fibrous veggies and lean meat trying to avoid late night carbs as much as possible
Snacks in between I used Jamie Eason's Livefit Recipes to make her great tasting protein bars which were not only healthy but uses zero calorie sweeteners and once in a while add some whole almonds to get some good fats in my diet
Late night before bed, I would either eat cottage cheese or drink a casein protein shake
Post work-outs, I would drink a protein shake with some dextrose, glutamine, and BCAA.
I am also taking multi-vitamin and fish oil as supplements to my diet.

My workout:
Insanity (following the calendar) - let me tell you this program will get you the results as long as you put in the effort. I did not use their Shakeology drink as it is too expensive for my taste.
Also followed Kristen Gethin's 12 week transformation video on bodybuilding because I still wanted to build muscle while doing Insanity since it is mainly a cardio program.

IqJ2b.jpg

Replies

• ccpace4
    ccpace4 Posts: 100
    Options
    wow amazing results..I liked your details about your meals and workout very informative...great job :):)
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Congratulations on your results!
  • Ms_Freda
    Ms_Freda Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Streetpreacher82
    Streetpreacher82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome job man! Congrats!
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    You look great. Enjoy your new found health due to such hard work.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Wow man! That is an incredible difference! Great job!
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    Wow!!!!!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    wow, your a Lean machine!!! 145 is a very light wt esp for a man.. but your muscle.. not 'thin'... amazing job.. can tell big time in your face too!!! :drinker:
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Nice!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!