Quick easy recipes

Options
Would you share quick recipes? One of mine is..

2 bags lentils into a pot
1 can of salsa
Once it boils simmer for 30 minutes
put into individual portions and freeze.

I need some really easy ideas like this. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    1 bag Steamfresh Chicken Flavored Rice
    3 oz Tyson 100% Natural Grilled Chicken Strips.

I can't cook, so find this to be very tasty, lower in sodium, and low in fat.
  • 10kaday
    10kaday Posts: 177
    Options
    Here's one I just found...

Black Bean Breakfast Bowl

Ingredients

2 tablespoons olive oil
    4 eggs, beaten
    1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
    1 avocado, peeled and sliced
    1/4 cup salsa
    salt and ground black pepper to taste

Directions

Heat olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Cook and stir eggs until eggs are set, 3 to 5 minutes.
    Place black beans in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on High in the microwave until warm, about 1 minute.
    Divide warmed black beans between two bowls.
    Top each bowl with scrambled eggs, avocado, and salsa. Season with salt and black pepper.

Source: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/black-bean-breakfast-bowl/detail.aspx

P.S. keep them coming... :D
  • jenichenny
    jenichenny Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Chicken Breasts
    Salsa
    Taco Seasoning

Put in crockpot and cook. About 4 hours on high. Chicken will shred nicely. Yummy chicken tacos.

I make a huge batch and freeze some,
  • 10kaday
    Options
    I eat this every single night...

1 frozen banana
    1 scoop protein powder
    8 oz of low fat milk or unsweetened soy milk

Blend it good... the result is like a milk shake.

P.S. Keep them coming... 2 more to my list. Like I said... EASY and quick is what I'm looking for. 5 ingredients or less is perfect I hate cooking. :D
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Melalina
    Melalina Posts: 26
    Options
    My go-to on nights when I'm in a rush or not in the mood for something more elaborate is to dredge chicken breast cutlets through lower-sodium fajita seasoning (not taco!), then saute in a small amount of oil or non-stick cooking spray until done. Cutlets only take a few minutes each side. Then I top with a little sharp shredded cheddar and put the lid on the saute pan or broil until the cheese melts. Plate the chicken, then top with a couple teaspoons of reduced-fat sour cream and fresh salsa. Done! Easy, and low-calorie - about 240 calories/cutlet with toppings. Yum! I'll usually add some black beans or spicy quinoa on the side. Hope this appeals to you! :)
  • 10kaday
    Options
    Here's another...

Aimelee's overnight oat awesomeness...

Overnight oats is equal parts nonfat greek yogurt (any flavor you like), rolled oats (not instant), and milk (skim, almond, soy, whatever). Some people add in ground flaxseed or chia seeds too. Mix it all together and divide up into containers and stick in the fridge overnight and the oats absorb the liquid and become thicker.

Then you can mix in any add-ins you want--spices, honey, apples, strawberries, bananas, peanut butter, raisins, nuts, etc. You can add the mix ins in the night before too, just as long as it's something that won't get soggy (like granola).

Then in the morning... just grab it on your way out the door!
  • 10kaday
    Options
    I just made up a cool recipe, well a modified one from my youth. I used to love cottage cheese on crackers with Lawry's seasoning salt on there. I don't really eat many crackers anymore because they are sucky trans fat heart attacks. So instead I mixed in almonds, trail mix, and a few cheerios. It tastes the same and has the same great crunch the crackers would have given.
  • dry61ed
    dry61ed Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The beans recipe sounds great. Thanks. I will make that tonite. Will be great to take to work for lunch. :happy: