Eating when bored?!

Options
Quick back story, I work 13 hour shifts as a Sleep Tech. So basically I sit looking at studies on computers for about 8 hours a night. I recently quit smoking (a week ago) and I also recently started this journey to be a healthier person and lose weight.

My problem is, I used to either smoke or eat off and on all night due to boredom. I no longer smoke and I am trying to not eat as much/eat healthier. How do you get through the boredom? :/

Please help!!

Replies

• emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    MINTS! =) The mini altoids are good. If you're like me and tend to make an entire pack of mints disappear.. its 25 cal's for the whole thing =p
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Books, magazines, Internet, a new hobby maybe (knitting, drawing, writing?) Your job sure makes it tricky. If you need to do something with your mouth (that sounds filthy, sorry) how about veggies, tea, rice cakes, popcorn. Super low calorie foods. :)
  • Jane92394
    Jane92394 Posts: 74
    Options
    I second the mints idea, I like white tictacs the best. Or get carrots and cut them into little slices so they are coin sized and eat those. or another vegetable cut up small.
  • athompson333
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I've been trying with gum! And I'm not sure how good I would be at another hobby... :/ but I will try the veggie idea next week! :)
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Mints and tic tacs are a great idea. When I'm bored and want to eat, I try and get up to go do something else. Like crunches or squats!