Jillian Michael's 30 day shred success?

Options
Hi,
I'm new to MFP, and I'm on day 3 of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, and I was wondering how much success you guys have had?
Thanks ! I'm leaving on vacation the day after my 30 days are up so I really am hoping this works!

Replies

• je6305
    je6305 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hey I'm day 6/level 1 of the program & I know it's still very early but honestly I already feel the difference in my body. My pants are not feeling as snug & I have more energy through out my day. I'm not even using weights until Day 1/Level 2 . I can only imagine the results once I'm done with it. I am taking pictures through out the process and then I will post - that way I can see the progress. Keep tracking everything on here & stick with the program & you'll do great!
  • elm2008
    elm2008 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've seen pictures of big improvements but I heard it is more of a physical/aesthetic change than a healthy/endurance kind of thing. I tried it for 3 days and didn't even sweat on the 3rd day. Just not for me. I believe the exercises are on youtube, however.
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I ended up hurting my knee and had to stop working out all together for almost two weeks before it stopped bothering me.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 9. I think I see a little definition trying to peek out. I feel great once it's over. Good luck!
  • jessrader23
    Options
    Hello, I am also new to this fitness program my brother has told me about this before but I wasn't ever very serious about losing weight till now. I however have done the 30 day shred and you will see changes in your measurements first. I remember doing this workout and getting slightly discouraged in the first 2 weeks because I would get on the scale and I would have only lost 3lbs yet my pants were fitting better and my shirts weren't as tight. Then around week 4 is when I started to see weight loss. The only thing I can say is stay with it. It does work, and I am going to be starting this work out video again I really want to lose some more weight and get back into shape. So stick with it and good luck, this video is tough.
  • aladuke26
    aladuke26 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I am also doing Jillian's 30 day shred. I am on Level 2 and it's a killer. My twin sister just worked out doing that workout and watching her diet, sticking to about 1300 calories. She went from a size 12 to a size 6!!! She looks amazing. I am now following in her footsteps. It took her about 7 months but it was worth the pain she says. She was religious about logging into mfp on her phone and really keeping track of everything she ate and drank. Let me know how you do! I'm gonna stick with it, cuz I know it works! :O)
  • aladuke26
    Options
    Oh... and I am scared to go to level 3 cuz she said that is a killer. :O) We can all do it together!
  • lmruthe
    lmruthe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just completed level one, 10 days, today. i have lost 4.5 lbs and about 3 " from my belly and 1.5 " from each thigh. i love it so far.
  • missmoree
    missmoree Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I completed level 1 day 5. I started after seeing the comments from everyone on here. I'm hoping to see some of those great results myself. Good luck to all!
  • princess1718
    Options
    Thanks for all your answers:)
    i've still got 7 more days on level 1, but I'm reallyy scared for level 3!
  • smazza
    smazza Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I am also doing Jillian's 30 day shred. I am on Level 2 and it's a killer. My twin sister just worked out doing that workout and watching her diet, sticking to about 1300 calories. She went from a size 12 to a size 6!!! She looks amazing. I am now following in her footsteps. It took her about 7 months but it was worth the pain she says. She was religious about logging into mfp on her phone and really keeping track of everything she ate and drank. Let me know how you do! I'm gonna stick with it, cuz I know it works! :O)

Did your sister lose all that in just the 30 Days? That's awesome! Today was day 1 for me of the Ripped in 30. I'm scared for the next levels for sure.
  • princess1718
    Options
    bump
  • aladuke26
    Options
    She didn't lose all of it in 30 days. It took her about 7 months to get to a size 6, but she only did the Jillian 30 day shred workouts. 20 minutes a day. She got really cut, especially in her arms. Her baby belly was gone! She looks amazing!!
  • Lilmisscutestuff
    Options
    I'm doing this and it is tough! I'm only on level 1 so far but have been doing it just over a week and my stomach is the flattest it's been in a long time, my baby belly is shifting! I love it!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I've seen pictures of big improvements but I heard it is more of a physical/aesthetic change than a healthy/endurance kind of thing. I tried it for 3 days and didn't even sweat on the 3rd day. Just not for me. I believe the exercises are on youtube, however.

You're wrong.
    If you're new to exercise it will certainly improve your strength and endurance, strengthen your core, build newbie-muscle and tone you up. Best of luck with it!
  • AmyLyn1983
    AmyLyn1983 Posts: 100
    Options
    I just completed day 10/ level 1. Starting day 1/ level 2 tonight. I haven't noticed a huge diff, but I do feel like my clothes are a little more loose. I love the workout. I feel like I've accomplished more doing 20 mins of the 30ds than I did an hour at the gym. I am most def seeing this all the way thru. Maybe I'll even post some before and after pics (for the first time ever!!) once I'm done. Good luck!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options

You're wrong.
    If you're new to exercise it will certainly improve your strength and endurance, strengthen your core, build newbie-muscle and tone you up. Best of luck with it!

I assure you this program works! And not just aesthetically. When I picked up 30 DS I had done 5ks, 10ks, and a half-marathon...and could barely get through Level 2!!! Don't be fooled by Level 1, it's almost too easy and can fool you about the rest of the DVD. If you get to Level 2 -- and you can move up faster if Level 1 is too easy -- you will see a marked difference.

I felt such a difference in my body I bought Ripped In 30 after the 3rd day ($9 at Target). I plan to do 6 Week 6 Pack next.

All I can say is, get this DVD!!!!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

You're wrong.

I assure you this program works! And not just aesthetically. When I picked up 30 DS I had done 5ks, 10ks, and a half-marathon...and could barely get through Level 2!!! Don't be fooled by Level 1, it's almost too easy and can fool you about the rest of the DVD. If you get to Level 2 -- and you can move up faster if Level 1 is too easy -- you will see a marked difference.

I felt such a difference in my body I bought Ripped In 30 after the 3rd day ($9 at Target). I plan to do 6 Week 6 Pack next.

All I can say is, get this DVD!!!!

100% agreed, the changes I can see are nothing compared to those I can feel!
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I started it over a month ago but had to stop after the third day - I could not move and I had been hitting the gym five days a week for the last six months. I have since addressed some strength issues and dropped another 15 lbs so this week I am going to restart and not stop until I am finished. I will try to get before pics this week and then after pics when I am done....Warning..They will not be pretty!! I still have 100 pounds to go to reach my GW.
  • LeslieSJR
    LeslieSJR Posts: 64
    Options
    I started it with YouTube but stopped when I couldn't find good videos of level 2 & 3. This thread got me fired up and I just ordered a used copy for $3 on half.com. Yay! Combining my calorie counting here and that DVD sounds like an awesome plan!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!