Having a hard time

Options
Just returned from vacation and I cant seem to get back in the swing of things. Been binge eating and havent started exercsing again because ive been REALLY exhausted. Body is just getting used to being back at work.

Also, Im really stressed about a lot of things right now. Very down and out. Usually Im a really positive and motivated person but I cant seem to get out of this funk.

Nothing is going to change my depressing situation in life. Thats out of my hands. But I wish it didnt effect my MFP goals :(

I really need encouragement and understanding. Help?

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    We all have stress :drinker:

Focus on one day at a time ..... in fact, focus on one meal at a time ....... get a little exercise ..... and then get some rest.

Tomorrow ..... repeat !
  • ocukor1
    ocukor1 Posts: 66
    Options
    drop down and give me fifteen!!! :):)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Try planning your days in advance, and stick to it. Keep an eye on your macros. If you see something doesn't fit, switch it with something that does. And what verptwerp said. Don't think about how far you have to go, just think about getting through today. Get up and move, it'll make you feel better.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Just returned from vacation and I cant seem to get back in the swing of things. Been binge eating and havent started exercsing again because ive been REALLY exhausted. Body is just getting used to being back at work.

Also, Im really stressed about a lot of things right now. Very down and out. Usually Im a really positive and motivated person but I cant seem to get out of this funk.

Nothing is going to change my depressing situation in life. Thats out of my hands. But I wish it didnt effect my MFP goals :(

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    It can be hard to regain one's motivation, but I see that you've already lost over 100 pounds, so you must be highly motivated to begin with. Don't micromanage yourself and remember your history of loss already. Your ability to succeed will come back if you want it to.
    Jacqueline
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Take it slow you dont have to hit the ground running. Maybe start with a healthy lunch and a walk, then slowly work yourself back up. No reason to rush anything no reason to stress about MFP. It all starts with a min that leads to an hour that leads to days and so on and so on. Take a deep breath and just go for a 15 min walk. Keep your chin up we are here for you.
  • jenna066
    jenna066 Posts: 28
    Options
    Just take it slow, baby steps. One meal at a time, one workout at a time. I have a thing with depression and anxiety. But I noticed when I have a schedule with exercise and food. it releases some of my craziness and the day goes smoother
  • HeyNicole922
    Options
    Easy does it, losing weight is extremely hard but as long as you try your best you have nothing to feel bad about.

Feel free to add me for support and motivation
  • jmoralesx5
    jmoralesx5 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've been through some very difficult times myself in the past few years...but it is when i was working out that i felt the best about myself. just force yourself to workout...you'll get back in the habit and enjoy it again!
  • ShalisaClam
    ShalisaClam Posts: 190
    Options
    I've been having the same issues. What I've been doing:

I fake it til I make it.

I do not want to get up and exercise every morning. But as soon as I get out of bed, I put my workout clothes on. It's a signal that even though my 'mind' doesn't want to do it, my will must make it so. I've never really enjoyed exercise, but I want to change. This is the only thing that has worked for me so far (in regards to dieting). You can do this!
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Ive been in a slump myself. I know I feel my best when I am exercising and moving my body. Sometimes its just hard to take that first step and jump right back into it.
    Feel free to add me, maybe we can get going together.
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    It is hard to get back into the swing of things after vacation. And as for feeling down... I've been there many many times. Life can be hard but I found that working out helps me to get out of my own head even if it is only for a little bit. I stick in those heaphones and listen to some awesome tuneage and kick butt on some cardio. I know what helps one person doesn't help everyone, but it might be worth a try! That way you will be getting your excercise routine back too! :)
    Good luck and I hope things get better for you!
  • imissbagels
    imissbagels Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It can be hard to regain one's motivation, but I see that you've already lost over 100 pounds, so you must be highly motivated to begin with. Don't micromanage yourself and remember your history of loss already. Your ability to succeed will come back if you want it to.
    Jacqueline

I've only lost 10 lbs..
  • imissbagels
    imissbagels Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support. I was just doing so well with this new life style change and then I just started failing BIG TIME. I know its only been 1 week but it actually feels like forever ago since I exercised. Like I said, Im just so tired. And yea, life is pretty hard right now. But I know that I need to just keep pushing through.

Your messages mean a lot, thank you! Please feel free to add me. I need all the motivation and tips I can get right now. And I try my best to do the same for all of you
  • Xercyz1
    Xercyz1 Posts: 1
    Options

A lot of the time it is the kinds of foods we eat on vacation. I know it is hard to eat healthy when away from our own refrigerators but getting back on track can be as simple as eating high energy foods such as fruits and vegetables and laying off of the fats. Fruits and vegetables are carbohydrates that the body prefers to use for fuel over fat and protein. Fat takes longer to digest and will pull your energy levels down to do it. Simple carbohydrates such as sugar will give you a temporary energy boost with a just as quick energy loss, known as the crash. Exercise is another way to boost energy. Simply going for an enjoyable walk would bring up your energy levels and make you feel better about yourself. If you are feeling overwhelmed with the getting back to a hectic lifestyle after enjoying an easy one a suggestion would be to start slowly. Start back a little at a time and add back all the things you have done before vacation and soon you will be back where you started. Just keep adding one thing a day or week and you will soon see the progress you want and keep smiling and telling yourself that you are doing your best and are worth every little effort you give yourself. If you relapse remember to just review the things you had done during the relapse and count it as some time off for fun and get back on track even if it takes a little at a time. A new lifestyle takes time to get used to so don't ever think that the little things do not count. They do! Just as you do! Keep enjoying your new healthier life and always look for positive encouragement and good luck!
  • blondie6688
    Options
    That's great!! 10 lbs!! Gd for you. We all have moments of being down and focusing on what's wrong in our lives. I shift my focus by repeating my gratitude list. I started off writing down 3 things every day that I'm grateful for. The list is sooo long now. It completely changes my mood, my focus and it eventually becomes a habit. I've lost 50 lbs, been through allll sorts of negative things, just like everyone else. I choose happiness every day of my life and focus on what's good. Once i gave myself a chance, I saw beauty everywhere. You can do it girl... congrats on the 10 lbs !!!
  • BrendaJaneK
    Options
    I'm sending you a cyber hug so tight you can barely breath.

"Okay, Brenda, please, I can't breath!"

"Oh, sorry."

Deep breathe little sister, you are not alone!

Best, Brenda
  • angelsing1
    angelsing1 Posts: 20
    Options
    I don't know if working out affects anybody else like it does me, but as hard as it is to start a workout sometimes, I do it reluctantly, but man when I get done, I feel like a million dollars. It's like a miracle,...... but yes it is hard to even start a workout when you don't feel like it. I'll tell you another thing too, when you have a good workout, your mind is able to think more clearly, and you'd be surprised at how differently you look at things when you're body has had a good work out.

Amazing what working out does for the body AND mind. Please don't give up.
  • bookfaery
    bookfaery Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're dealing with this - depression of any sort is miserable :( If you are doing the binge thing, you might be falling into the evil Binge-Feel Guilty-Get Depressed-Want Comfort-Turn to Food-Binge-Rinse-Repeat vicious circle. Something that helps me is routine, because then I don't need to think about food, so my mind doesn't drift to binge-y type things. Like entire cans of frosting. Please don't ask. So maybe start by eating simply, and pulling together basic stuff for work (if you need to bring a lunch and snacks to work). Having the same thing every day for a week helps, because again, I don't need to think. And one day at a time ... before you realize it, you are back on track.

Hang in there! 10 lbs is an awesome accomplishment!! You can definitely do this. Be kind to yourself, take it one baby step at a time, and you'll be back in the game. Sending *big virtual hugs*!!
  • amyeglann
    amyeglann Posts: 2
    Options
    i think that if you will treat mfp like something you have to do - put everything in it whether it puts you over your calorie limit per day or not, you will be held accountable -by you! and, when you notice that you are being strict with yourself and disciplined by putting all of the food you eat, and by exercising, you will feel so good about yourself, because you will see that you are sticking to it, and when we live in a disciplined way (still fun!!) we feel better about ourselves. you can do it!!!!:glasses: