Got Milk issues?

Options
McBully4
McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
I don't do all that well with dairy, but I read an article about this and tested it myself for the last month.
Here is what you do, it works great for me and I have been enjoying milk every day for about a month.
Take a gallon of milk pour a glass and give it to a friend or family member that tolerates milk better than you do. Top the gallon back up with lactose free milk, put in fridge wait 24 hours. Shazam the lactase has now made your gallon of regular milk friendly, You can dose about 6 gallons of real milk from 1/2 a gallon of lactose free milk.

Replies

• icculus19
    icculus19 Posts: 39
    Options
    or you can buy soy milk, lactose free milk or almond or coconut milk. nutrionally speaking soy milk has less fat and more protien than dairy milk
  • McBully4
    Options
    or you can buy soy milk, lactose free milk or almond or coconut milk. nutrionally speaking soy milk has less fat and more protien than dairy milk

Well aware, but this gets you the wonderful flavor of real milk for a fraction of the price of the other "milks"
  • alfpalmer
    alfpalmer Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    thanks. I might try this but I never developed a liking for milk but i know the calcium would be good for me.
  • tonya_janssen
    Options
    Seriously? That's awesome!!! I do love milk but have to buy lactose free, which is, like you said, expensive!!! I may have to try this, THANK!
  • tonya_janssen
    Options
    I must say though, Coconut Milk is DELISH!!! Just had it for the first time this week! YUM! :)
    :drinker:
  • McBully4
    Options
    I must say though, Coconut Milk is DELISH!!! Just had it for the first time this week! YUM! :)

I liked almond milk better, but there has been nothing but cow milk in my fridge for a month nowm Woooo!
  • RejoicingL
    RejoicingL Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    What!?! This is going to change my life, and that of my family members. too!!! Thanks for sharing! Real milk without getting sick? so excited...
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Thank you OP, this is great to know! I've been drinking almond milk but sometimes nothing beats the real milk flavor.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    I think I love you. Or that feeling I have is just gas.
  • marybell82
    marybell82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    ^^Agree!!! Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almond Coconut Milk only 60 calories a cup!
  • marybell82
    marybell82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I don't do all that well with dairy, but I read an article about this and tested it myself for the last month.
    Here is what you do, it works great for me and I have been enjoying milk every day for about a month.
    Take a gallon of milk pour a glass and give it to a friend or family member that tolerates milk better than you do. Top the gallon back up with lactose free milk, put in fridge wait 24 hours. Shazam the lactase has now made your gallon of regular milk friendly, You can dose about 6 gallons of real milk from 1/2 a gallon of lactose free milk.

AMAZED!!! i will have to try it and not tell anyone that i spiked the milk cause then they get all ewwww... hahaha! ive missed the calcium alright. {my joints are always popping} I should take vitamins, i know!
  • McBully4
    Options
    This works really well, I'm still doing it to my milk.